“Hits the Spot :)”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Caronport, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Hits the Spot :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This inn is located in a great area as far as restaurants and highway access is concerned which was important to us because we were traveling with a team. The rooms were great, very clean with comfortable beds, up to date furnishings, good bathroom facilities and good cable tv and wifi. The staff was friendly and helpful, the lobby was clean but quite small and registering with the team was tricky because it was very crowded but the desk clerk was very fast and efficient so we weren't there too long. The temperature in the room was pretty good and best of all, it wasn't loud or noisy. The only shortfall was the breakfast room; it had two table and could only seat 6, it was very congested, it was hard to move around and get your food., we all took our food back to our rooms to eat. Although the area was tiny the food selection was pretty good and the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: I always try to avoid rooms at the end of the hall near the stairs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heather P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I guess hotel prices are high enough in PA that for $120 that you have to put your standards low. I expected more for that cost personally. My room was noisy, and the breakfast was mediocre. It was the cheapest I could find, so it met the budget requirement. The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank StuMcMoo
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here a few times. My son forgot something he purchased and a phone call to the front desk had them put it aside so a friend could pick it up. Rooms are standard fare for this chain. The front desk person was very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: A direct entry room does not allow you to open a window. If you don't like the air conditioned a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sasktravel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Good continental breakfast. Room was clean and in good repair. Large LCD TV worked well. Only complaint was that the non-smoking room I was in was next a smoking room. Cigarette smoke entered the room when I turned on the bathroom fan.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking make sure it is not near a smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LeadSledder
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Awful! We stayed here for a wedding. We had 3 rooms in total. 2 of them had filthy toilets and all of them had dirty shower curtains and hair on the bathroOm floor. Yuck

• Stayed July 2011
8 Thank Travellerstoon

Travelers are raving about these Prince Albert hotels

Regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife and I and our two kids stayed here on our way through Prince Albert and found that the front desk girls and cleaning staff were both very helpful. We arrived early and although they were sold out the night before, they went out of their way to get us a room ready. Rooms had all the amenities one needs when travelling, ie coffee maker, fridge, microwave,etc. The hotel appeared to be very clean and in a nice location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Saskatchewan, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We got a last minute call to play hockey in a tournament. I was only given 24 hours notice to make arrangements and to find a hotel. I found the Comfort Inn when there were no other hotels available. I think my main problem with this room is that I was quoted the same price as I paid for a much nicer hotel in the same city. I did however get a better price due to the fact that my employer has a business rate here. I felt better not paying the higher price. I probably would have been more critical paying higher for this place. We were here for a weekend and the cleaning staff did not clean our room! We were out of the room by 7 am to play hockey and didnt return til 1 pm. The room had not been touched. There were 3 cleaning carts in the hallways but no cleaning persons to be seen. I didnt hear any vacuum cleaners running (and believe me you can hear an ant burp in this place very thin walls!!!). I found a cleaner around 2 pm (across the hallway) and told her that we would be out for an hour if she wanted to clean then but we will be returning to nap (my son played 2 games that morning). We returned at 3:15 and the room was still untouched. We had our nap and at 5 pm they opened the door but could not enter b/c we had the deadbolt on, wanting to clean. We could hear them complaining b/c they could not get in then we got a note under the door stating that we locked them out so they couldn't clean. When we returned from another game my sons wanted to shower but we were only provided with enough clean towels for 2 people in a quad room.
This room was very poorly set up. The fold out bed could not fold out properly due to a huge table in the room. There was no place for any hockey equipment to properly air out. The temperature in the room was very cool even with the heat set to high and fully blowing. The shower area was very small not much arm room due to jutting out shelves in shower. Very old 15-17" ancient styled television.
Overall its fine that we at least had a place to sleep but I think it could do better or at least try.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family