“very good when you get it”
Review of Bobby's Place

Bobby's Place
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

service is slow as they want you to drink more.The deep fried mars bars are to die for and very good fish and chips.The bands they choose are very loud and you cant carry on a conversation O M G am i getting old

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is like a pub, with Guiness on special and a totally wonderful ambience!we were seated close to the kitchen and could watch the activities behind the bar. We couldn't have asked for a better place to watch all the activities as the wait staff were in constant motion,serving, clearing and making conversation with customers, many of whom seemed to be regulars! I had steak and kidney pie and was informed it would take about 25 minutes. My husband ordered fish and chips. The pie was hot with flaky pastry crust and delicious filling. It was accompanied by mashed potatoes and roasted carrots and parsnips-- yummy! The fish my husband had was greasy and flat tasting;the fries he described as O.K. We would eat there again substituting another dish for the fish and chips. The service was excellent and friendly; our waitress described the staff as like a family!

1  Thank Joan N
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went for supper on the recommendation of TripAdvisor comments. It was a Thursday and the place was half empty. We were told to pick a table so we did then we sat and waited and waited and waited. The fellow who met us at the door was busy talking to someone. The girl behind the bar finally came around and asked us for our order. She promptly returned and told me to pick something else as what I wanted was no longer available - take it off the menu already! Then, I had to hail a third person to take my second order. The fish and chips was o.k., probably the best part of the evening. We would not return.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The fish and chips was great - the servers were dressed authentically, and we enjoyed the pub-like atmosphere. Reasonably priced - came away satisfied.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

service, food and atmosphere is fantastic here! The Bobby burger or the fish and chips I would highly recommend...haven't had the chance to sample anything else as I am a creature of habit, but I'm sure are also second-to-none. I understand their live entertainment nights are also worth checking out! Enjoy!