“AWESOME - Gotta Go Back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nit's Thai Food

Nit's Thai Food
Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Saskatchewan
“AWESOME - Gotta Go Back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

When I found out a conference I was attending was being held in Moose Jaw I was so excited and my first thought was I gotta go back to Nit's for supper...I had eaten there one other time and it was so excellent! The amount of food you get is plenty, it's very reasonably priced and is so flavorful and succulent!! Highly recommended!!!

Visited January 2013

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Still one of my favourite places to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I remember the first time I ate at Nit's, about 20 years ago, or so. At that time, it was located in a tiny place a block north of the current restaurant (the current location was a greasy-spoon "family" restaurant back then). I really admired the owner's pluck, leaving behind Toronto's noise and hustle for a quieter, saner life, somewhere to raise a family without worry. Nit's has changed a lot since then, probably moved onto an entirely new generation of owners/operators, but I still enjoy going.

There's a lot on the menu that I haven't tried, and I'm not sure I will. I know the items that I like. Going to Moose Jaw to eat at Nit's is a special occasion, considering that I live in Saskatoon, two hours north, so I'm pretty much looking forward to the old favourites: Meing Com (roasted coconut, lime, peanuts and other things with a sweet sauce), Guy Satay (thinly sliced, broiled, skewered chicken marinated in spices and coconut milk, with peanut sauce), and any Gang dish.

Two of us arrived from Saskatoon about 2 p.m. last Wednesday, racing against a blizzard approaching from the northwest. We went straight to Nit's. The lunchtime rush over, there was one person on staff (the owner, perhaps?), but he saw us from the kitchen as soon as we walked in the door and quickly ushered us to a seat. Like I said, we have our favourites, so we were fast with our order, and the chef was equally fast getting the food to our table, along with a large pot of jasmine tea.

One thing to keep in mind about Nit's is that the meals aren't generic "Asian" or "Chinese" cuisine. These are real family recipes, likely originating from a particular region of Thailand. Not everyone is going to like everything on the menu, and you're sure to find some combinations of tastes that just aren't to your liking. Find something you like, with the help and recommendations of the owners, and stick with it. Mind you, if you're adventurous you could very well like most of the menu.

• Visited January 2013
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I speak honestly.
I don't care about write ups.
They deliberatlely treat me like crap..
Dishes are taken befotre I am done.
Prices are too high for what you get..
I am sorry but the last time I was in I ordered chineese and got abosolute lowest on the the scale and worse yet it was deliberate because they did not want me there.
Now I make my own. I don't go out much.
I have a chineese aquaintance and have a very good idea of waht is expected. He would flip.

• Visited November 2012
Regina, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not so good anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

poor food, so so service and price is much too high for what you get, unless you want to pay up for a huge bowl of white rice.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank a m
Regina, Canada
“Food is Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Love the authentic Thai cuisine, but the dining room could use some updating. And some of the decorating behind the counter looks dirty and messy.

Visited November 2012