“It's pretty good, we go there often.”
Review of National Cafe - CLOSED

National Cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I love Chinese, and we usually get the Buffet, but my dad usually gets breakfast, the usual Bacon, eggs, toast hasbrowns. He obviously likes it since he gets it every time we go. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chicken balls, and the ribs taste like candy , so good. The Buffet is bigger then at the landscap, or whatever its called. I like the chicken fried rice, there isnt onions in it like most places. There is alot of variety. I am really picky, and usually dont like the desserts, but they are always different.
I love the service, they always ask if its good, and if its not they will do whatever it takes to please you, they have re-made things for the buffet if we come and there is only, like 30 mintues til its over, they have made more just for us.

Very good restraunt and we will continue to go there in the future.

1  Thank JackieJordanJaxon

Reviewed November 29, 2010

It's a small buffet because it's a smaller restaraunt and there is a lot of other GREAT food to order which is by the way all home made! Chicken curry that absolutely melts in your mouth, WonTon War soup - a huge meal in itself, great prices, and a 50's atmosphere with the old Soda Bar still up. The movie "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds was filmed there a few years ago.

1  Thank sail1143
Reviewed June 21, 2010

The food was terrible.
Two items were ordered. My girlfriend ordered the Buffet. It was... below average. Typical uninspired chineese buffet, but about 1/2 the size your used to. No one is eating it either. So get there early, or enjoy your "been sitting under a heat lamp for 4 hours" food. Given the option to go back in time, she would have firebombed the resturant instead of eating it. Oh well, live and learn.

I got optimistic. (big mistake) and decided to get the "Fish and Chips" I think I might be a glutton for punishment. Fish and Chips consisted of 2 Captain highlander fish-sticks. A handful of Mc-Cain superfries, and a spoonful of walmart frozen peas and carrots mix.
Once again MooseJaw, if I wanted a meal like this, I would visit the trailer park, knock on a random door and ask the occupants if I can join them for sunday dinner.

I'm sorry but this is UNACCEPTABLE in a resturant environment. I thought originally it was because fresh food was Illegal in Saskatchewan, but no, because I can go to the store and buy a potato. So, novel idea here... how about you buy fresh potatos, cut them and then fry them for fries and or chips.

The lemon slice was fresh...ish. I was 1/2 expecting a little lemon hand wipe to squeaze over my fish.

The soup to start wasn't bad. Someone had actually gone to the effort to make it, instead of just running down to the store and grabbing a microwave meal for me. Unfortunately instead of classing it up and going to walmart to pickup a bag of soup rolls, they decided that a handfull of cracker packets were an acceptable substitute. Better luck next time. Remember... resturant, not highschool cafeteria.

Also: The reason value is so low is not because the meals were expensive. They just weren't worth the $9 paid for them.

3  Thank Infernozx
NationalCafe, Waitress at National Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would encourage anyone reading this review to read the other reviews this writer made while visiting our fair city. I am sure this will help anyone to make up their own mind about this review.