“Skip the buffet....”

National Cafe
Ranked #53 of 109 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife is from the area so we usually stop by the National when we're in town. The buffet is quite small and may appeal to some,but not enough variety for my tastes, although nicely priced. I would order from the menu instead. The Chinese and regular menu items are decent enough. The decor is a doesn't look like its changed much since it opened in the thirties, even though they've had a couple of fires, but I guess it gives it its "nostalgic " charm. The waitresses, cooking staff and owner were all quite pleasant, although it did take awhile to remove the first of our plates and restock the buffet.

1  Thank celtichound
There are newer reviews for National Cafe

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went for lunch today and had buffet. It was hot , flavorful and very filling. My waitress Nicki was fast , courteous, kept table cleared of dishes ,and even stopped to talk to each table and make jokes or small talk with as I could tell were frequent customers. Decor is nice and you can reminice about the past. Keep up all the great work. Will be coming back again. Thank you

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always make a point of visiting and dining at the National Cafe when we are in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Their Chinese Food Buffet is always made up of the favorites that we have enjoyed over the years. Friendly, helpful staff do their best to make you comfortable and well fed. It was just like we enjoyed any time we visit Moose Jaw. Thanks again National Cafe Management and Staff!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were travelling through Moose Jaw and asked a local resident for the recommendation of a Chinese Restaurant. She said that the National Café had a great Chinese buffet, so we went for the dinner buffet. We found the food overcooked, lacking taste and were extremely disappointed. The service was poor, our waitress never picked up completed dishes, nor brought any water refills, and we had to wait to pay our bill. I am sure that there is something better in Moose Jaw, as there were two other Chinese restaurants with buffets within blocks that we saw afterwards.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Still the same after all the years it been in Moose Jaw, When there a lot when I live there and just had to go on this vist