“Needs updating”
Review of Bonanza - CLOSED

Bonanza
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Decor hasn't changed in 20 years and it shows its age.

We both chose the steak sandwich lunch special. It was served on a decent bread. We noticed that we were at least 20 years younger than most of the customers. This might explain their salad bar...I would say it appeals to prairie folk.

Both of us commented that the washrooms had a bit of an unpleasant odour.

A dining experience it's not, but it's fine for a quick lunch stop before hitting the highway again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was overpriced and what I ordered wasn't what I got and when I asked about it nobody could give me a response and when the server went to get us a discount for the mess up and came back ashamed to say “our manager is too cheap so sorry" and walked away before she cried. She was great and wish this situation could of been avoided. Advise nobody to go there as I will never set foot in there again

2  Thank Jstienley
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went for supper primarily because of the salad bar. I had a steak. It came semi warm, and quality was poor. Lot of fat. The salad bar was a disappointment also. It hasn't changed in 30 years, and it lacked appeal. The hot veggies were frozen. The bacon bits imitation, and not recognizable. Tasted terrible. The potato wedges were old. Anything that was cooked, including my steak was done well before we arrived. The uncooked vegetables were ok. It is hard to screw these up. Ice cream was ok also. On the plus side staff are friendly and quick. We won't return. Price is high for a meal that is below par.

1  Thank ReginaEric
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thought we would eat here however they close at 8 pm and if you go at 7:30 pm you will be turned away. Kind of odd as most places would still let you in to eat but I guess they wanted to leave work on time that night.

1  Thank TravelingCouple88
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The steak I ordered was not much thicker than my plate. I ordered rice on the side and it was cold. The shrimp on a skewer was basically the shrimp ring you buy at your local supermarket in the frozen section and then fried in oil. I would have been better off just sticking to the salad bar! I will pass on Bonanza the next time I am in Moose Jaw.

1  Thank kerusso