“Nasty surprise” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deja Vu Cafe

Deja Vu Cafe
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Nasty surprise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was super excited to try this place cuz it was on the food network. Not surprisingly, there was a small wait to get a table, which is fine. The food portions were Huge, to the point of having leftovers. The food tasted good, it was a bit expensive for chicken wings but whatever. The nasty surprise happened moments after leaving the restaurant. My husband and I BOTH got food poisoning! :( Needless to say, we threw out our leftover doggy bag. We will NOT be going back to that place again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank shirley2girlie

Morden, Manitoba, Canada
“Maybe a bit too much hype?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was excited to go here - it was well known and recommended - even earning the #1 spot on this website. I ordered a platter of wings (2 different flavours) and a milkshake. The main attraction is the variety of flavours - for the wings as well as milkshakes - but I found the sheer number is a bit overwhelming, to be honest. Rather than focusing on figuring out really good flavours, they just overwhelm you with options. On the other hand, you're bound to find something you like and works for you.
The milkshake was good - I had Chocolate Hazelnut - though nothing set it apart from other good milkshakes I've had. The wings were very basic, and perfectly average. Not bad, but definitely not among the best wings I've eaten. Choosing your flavour means: what kind of syrups do you want drizzled over mediocre & somewhat dry wings.
The portions were very generous, and I left very full. The service was also good, even though they were very short-staffed when we came in. It was very hot - I'm guessing the A/C was broken, so I'm not holding that against them, assuming it was a temporary problem.
So if you want big portions and get a kick out of trying different flavoured syrups on wings or in milkshakes, this is the place for you.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“Lots of Wings & Rib Flavor Selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

A neat experience and fun to try some exotic mixes and flavors for your wings.easy to find...generally pretty busy. Seen on the TV show "You've gotta Eat here". I've had better wings, but not better selection. Should be something for everyone.

• Visited July 2013
Regina, SK
“AMAZING GRUB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love this restaurant! I plan all my road trips through Moose Jaw so I'm there at noon.
They have the absolute best chicken wings and chicken strips. You choose from countless dry or saucy flavours. My favourites are Dilly Delight for the chicken strips and Roasted Red Pepper for the wings. The amount of fries you get with a meal is ridiculously large and they are really good too (always HOT - and I'm a stickler for that.) I always switch the cole slaw for a caesar salad because I don't like cole slaw and order a Cola to go with. MMMmmm. You've just got to try it!

• Visited August 2013
Saskatchewan
“Milkshake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a huge old fashioned milkshake in a frosty metal cup. It was delicious. Surroundings need a bit of maintenance. Great staff

Visited September 2013