The rooms are very dated, but could be considered quaint, if it weren't for all of the issues. I loved the little kitchenette, which had a small fridge, a sink, an oven, microwave, dishes, cutlery, and a few pots and pans, as well as dish soap, cloths and towels.
The first night that we stayed there, the toilet in the bathroom ran every 20 minutes or so, and woke each of us up at least a few times during the night. The Wifi was very sporadic, and made for doing anything on the Internet difficult, and the air conditioning unit was very loud. The pool and waterside are were great fun, but only one slide was open, and the whole place, pool and motel, could have used a very thorough cleaning. The carpet in the room felt gritty under bare feet, and it just didn't seem all that clean. Although it was not great, we could look past all of that, especially since we were only going to be there for 2 nights, with a week in between each of those nights. We were just going through Saskatchewan to a family reunion in Manitoba, and the Prairie Oasis seemed like the perfect place to stay, considering that we needed a motel room for one part of the family, and a campsite for one part. (There were issues with the power for the campsite, as well, but we weren't the ones staying there)
The second night we stayed there was extremely bad. We walked into the room, and right away, I was gagging, thinking that I was going to be sick. The room smelled very strongly like urine. I didn't think that I would be able to stay there at all, so we went to the front desk to see if we could switch rooms. We were told that the motel was completely booked, so we couldn't get another room, but they "compromised" by giving us an ancient air freshener in aerosol can form. After spraying it in the room, we had to leave for almost an hour and leave the windows open before we could breathe. We had to do this 3 times before the urine smell was masked enough that we could handle staying there. Again, we had to deal with glitchy Wifi and a loud air conditioner, but at least the toilet in that room didn't run. There was also a short-circuit or something in the kitchenette area, which caused a shock if you touched the counter when something was plugged in and turned on (like the microwave or toaster).
I had really been looking forward to staying there, as their website made it seem like a great spot, and relatives had stayed in the campground part before with no issues. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement.
- Also Known As:
- Prairie Oasis Tourist Complex Hotel Moose Jaw
- Prairie Oasis Tourist Complex Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan