Tripadvisor

Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Four of us decided to go for a quick peek inside the foyer as we were told it was not to be missed. Turns out it was lunchtime so we stayed. Our server was excellent and offered many suggestions make our dining experience even better. The service was spot on, the food was great and the atmosphere was unbelievable. You get a lunch with linen tablecloths, cloth napkins, real silver ware and glass water glasses as opposed to plastic utensils and paper napkins elsewhere and for the same price! Thank you.

Date of visit: January 2020
Granthallgm, General Manager at Grant Hall Dining Room & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words and we are thrilled you popped in at lunchtime. Happy to hear our waitstaff took excellent care of you and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the great food. Next time you are in ask for a hotel tour and you are sure to be treated to one. Hope to see you again soon.

Ellen

Write a reviewReviews (463)

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I had booked a reservation here for myself and my partner as it was his birthday and we were in town enjoying the spa. I anticipated the high price as it is fine dining. The atmosphere was great, the service was slow, but it's hard to tell if that was on purpose or not as sometimes fine dining prefers to be slower.
The food was not the best... it lacked flavor.
My main issue with our time here is when I called to book a reservation I mentioned it was my partners birthday and asked if they did anything, they said they would write it down with the reservation and keep it in mind.
After our meal, i pulled a waiter aside and mentioned it again and found our waiter on my way to the washroom and mentioned it again to him.
We ordered a dessert, in hopes that a candle would come in the dessert, or a happy birthday written on the plate. Nothing. Nothing came of it. I had hoped for the dessert to be comped for his birthday. Nothing.
I attempted to call someone afterwards to express my frustration but was unable to get a hold of anyone.
The restaurant under performed in my opinion.. especially for the price.

Date of visit: February 2019
Granthallgm, General Manager at Grant Hall Dining Room & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry your partner did not receive a complimentary dessert. As a rule everyone coming in for a birthday or anniversary is always treated to a lovely desert with Happy... written on it, at no charge. Our reservation system flags these important events and I am sorry I can not say how this would have been missed. I have brought this to the attention of the dining room supervisor and waitstaff, in the hopes this will never be overlooked again. Please visit us again soon to enjoy the experience we strive to give every one of our guests.

Ellen General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Used to be almost descent but the last few months the food quality is horrible and the prices are just a little crazy for the value

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. We take all comments seriously and I have spoken to the Chef about your review. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your experience. We are in the process of designing a fresh menu and hope that you visit us again.

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

this place is certainly worth a walk thru, it has beenrevived from a 1912
CPR Hotel . The restraunt is upper end but is overpriced for the location
. The food is not up to the calibre of the setting. Don't order the rack of lamb or lamb shank unless you phone a day ahead so they can thaw it out ahead of time. It is hard to get something that is overcooked and dry on one end and almost raw next to the bone.!!!

1  Thank frannie1155040

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. The Hotel was built in 1927 and totally refurbished in the early 2000's. While the Grant Hall Hotel was not affiliated with the CPR, it was named after an official with the CPR, Grant Hall.
We are so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your lamb as it is a popular item on the menu and is most often cooked to perfection. I have brought this to the attention of the Chef and the kitchen has been advised. We are committed to making sure everyone has an excellent experience and again we are very sorry we fell short. We hope you will visit again and enjoy our beautiful atmosphere and menu.

Reviewed November 11, 2019

Our family of six (four adults and a 7 and 3 year old) were part of a larger group of 21 who attended Grant Hall for lunch after the Remembrance Day service today. Yes, we had made a reservation. In addition to our large group, there were about four other tables of people. However, there were only two servers for all these people! I ordered the quiche and salad; the quiche looked like they use powdered eggs and had the consistency of jello. There was a very small scattering of peppers, spinach and cheese baked on top. I've had quiche at Yvette Moore's which tastes fresh, has a lot of spinach, is crustless, and delicious! My husband had a hamburger; tasteless, far smaller than the bun. The other two adults at our table had the cajun chicken sandwich and steak sandwich. They were described as mediocre. The children had kids meals and they looked quite good. They also ordered chocolate milk (on the menu) and were told there was no chocolate milk but they would make one up with chocolate syrup. The server then returned to say the restaurant had run out of milk.......One hour later, our meals finally arrived. We paid a considerable amount of money for this meal, considering the meals were lukewarm and tasteless. We have had good experiences at the restaurant before where we have had lunch as well as supper. This experience is making us doubt if we will return.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank hgb10
Granthallgm, General Manager at Grant Hall Dining Room & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2019

We are very sorry to hear you had this negative experience. We appreciate and thank-you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take reviews very seriously as it is our priority to ensure all of our guests recieve an outstanding dining experience. I have addressed your comments with the entire staff involved and apologise on their behalf. Please know that this is not typical of our kitchen and we are working hard to resolve any issues there may have been to ensure this does not happen again. We hope you will visit us again.