Grant Hall Dining Room & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Nothing to dislike. Food is cooked to perfections. Portions are filling. Presentation is excellent. Service feels individualistic and selection is great.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A friend and I visited Grant Hall after asking for recommendation for fine dining in Moose Jaw. The place is a blast from the past, my grandmother's idea of what a fancy restaurant looks like, all baroque details, chandeliers and white tablecloths (my friend and I are in our late 20s/early 30s). This is not a "cool" dining spot. But the service was attentive and the food was decent. I had lamb and it was slightly overcooked but still good. My appetizer salad with mushrooms and blue cheese was wonderful. Wine list is predominately very cheap wines and could use some more choices in keeping with the quality of the food.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was taken there for my birthday in March and was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, décor, food and service. I took a special guest there for a birthday supper in July and was sadly disappointed. Took forever to get our drinks, I had the duck and it was very tough and chewy and most of it stayed on my plate, the espresso sauce was overpowering and cold as was the couscous. For the price of the meal, slice a fresh orange and have a few segments of that as opposed to canned mandarin oranges...seriously? The waitress bought our bill without asking if we'd like another drink or dessert. I'm sad to say that as a resident of MJ I will not be returning nor will I recommend it as a place to go to for a meal as it is overpriced for the quality.

1  Thank Karri S
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a 50th anniversary dinner in one of the private dining rooms and it really felt like something special. The food was great, and the room was beautiful. A great place for a special occasion.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall it was a great experience. Off the start our waiter was a little slow at getting us drinks and taking our order. Think we waited almost 25 minutes. But there was also only 1 waitress there. It was fine after that. Probably the best Steak I have had in my life! Very impressed!