“I should be prouder of this facility than I am...”
Review of Mosaic Place

Mosaic Place
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was built to a lot of controversy. It was built downtown for political reasons. Therefore there is absolutely no parking designated for this. OK if you dont mind walking but a little hard for hockey games in the middle of winter in Saskatchewan. There is a parking lot in the Safeway next door but it is patrolled for customers only. The open space close to CAnadian Pacific Railway property South of the place is also heavily patrolled by CPR police. Make sure you come quite early for any event as you will have to hunt for a parking spot, park on the street, and walk a lot. Best place is probably east of Main Street at some public parking lots and walk 2-3 blocks.
Have attended concerts, games, exhibitions and some meetings there now.
During events lousy and long food and beverage lines, waited a good 20 minutes for food service during a hockey game.
Acoustics quite good for concerts, and a very visually appealing place. Comfortable enough seating. Meeting rooms for booked meetings clean, well lit, and adequate. But again you gotta walk to whatever you are going to.
I do not even know why this is on the list to review. Either you want to go to the game/concert or you dont. Certainly the facility is condusive to a good concert or game.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

There are two parts to this review. First, the facility/concert: CHCAGO WAS FANTASTIC! Mosaic Place is a new facility that appears to have been designed to play host to concerts. We found the acoustics to be excellent, as the band was able to fill the room with sound without having to try too hard (that harshness in some venues). There were plenty of ushers to point us to seats, and assist the disabled; nice touch Mosaic. Mosaic Place has resisted Ticketmaster, and as a result, I found booking online to be painless, access the seats I wanted, and found the prices to be very reasonable. We will attend more concerts here.
Second, the VIP Dinner package: Mosaic Place has a catering service and has started to provide pre-concert dinner packages. The $60.00 price/couple was reasonable, and came with a pair of tickets to the "Moose Jaw Tunnels" attraction. The appetizers, salads, vegetables, pasta and deserts were all delicious; unfortunately, both the chicken breasts and the salmon were dried out to the point of barely being edible. It turned from "all you can eat" to "all you were willing to eat". It seemed to me that they might have cooked the meat first, then left it to dry out in heat tables until they finished the vegetable/pasta dishes. The other disappointment was the red wine: from a box, it hardly even qualified as plonk. I would likely attend another of these dinners, but the bar will have to be set much higher.

1  Thank daveinthejaw
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Mosaic Place is a wonderful facility in Moose Jaw. I have been to many hockey games and a couple of concerts. Considering it is a hockey rink the sound I thought was pretty good. The concession food is about average for a rink, not the worst but certainly not the best.

PARKING! I love the parking the parking lot has 200 exits :) because everyone parks on the streets. Getting home after an event is a breeze. I timed myself twice from my seat to my couch at home and both times it was under 10 minutes, I live about fourteen blocks away. That was a sold out concert and a sold out hockey game. Downtown IS the perfect location. We just need to open a few more pre-event restaurants now.

The building is always spotless, kudos to the workers who keep it that way. 14 years ago I moved from Regina to Moose Jaw to join the throngs who commute daily. I don’t love the commute but living in Moose jaw is worth it to me.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went to a concert there. The acoustics left something to be desired, but it is an arena, not a concert hall. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place should not even be listed it is that bad. Overpriced, and absolutely hottible food. Don't waste your money, eat something before you enter.