“Don't Bother”
Review of Melrose Place - CLOSED

Melrose Place
Reviewed August 23, 2013

In a city with so much competition for the entertainment dollar a new eatery (especially one that took over 2 years to complete) has to really step things up a notch. Melrose has not met this challenge. The interior is quite upscale but that is where out experience ended. The wait staff is poorly trained (the waitress was actually arguing with us when it came time to pay the bill). No steak for the steak sandwich ( they had used it all at lunch time), no potatoes for home fries, cheese (or garlic) toast made with ordinary bread (not Texas or French) and the cheese is sprinkled on parmasean (likely from one of those kind you buy in the cheese section). No positive response from staff when we expressed our concerns when asked how things were. At the end as we were arguing with the waitress about our bill we finally saw the manager when she came over. After explaining the situation her response was that next time we come in we should just ask for her and she would see that things were set right. Sorry Mrs. Manager - there isn't going to be a next time. Another new eatery has just opened in town and people are actually waiting to get in because it is so busy. Oh another thing, there is no designated customer parking - compete with the Bingo Hall, businesses across the street. Very poor location.

2  Thank penguin51HainesCity

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I thought the food was pretty bland, almost seemed like it was bought at a supermarket and cooked from frozen. To be fair, my wife thoroughly enjoyed her food. The service was nice, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was good. I will not likely return unless I have to.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went for lunch on August 10,2013.The service was fantastic and so was the food.I know some of the fish tanks were a little cluttered with snails but our whole table children and adults enjoyed looking at the fish.The meal was in fact better than I had in some other well known restaurants in Moose Jaw.As for the decor it was okay for being situated in a previous bowling alley.They never stated to be a high class establishment.The only suggestion I have they should have a smaller menu too much to chose from.Kudos to you Melrose Place I will return.

1  Thank 3brendaw
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I absolutely loved the ribs and shrimp. The meal absolutely left me stuffed and when the waitress told me there was also a complimentary dessert I thought I may not be able to walk out of the restaurant.

I loved the fish and the kitchen being above the restaurant - made me feel like I was actually on a Holiday. Great Experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wonderful friendly, above and beyond service. We truly enjoyed the food (steak, lobster, Mediterranean salad, calamari, drinks, dessert).
Excellent dinning experience!!