“No longer a Best Western”

Best Western Plus Moose Jaw
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
SASKATOON
“No longer a Best Western”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past year and was surprised at the sudden change from a "Best Western" hotel to an independent hotel literally overnight. Very puzzling. Also, there is no way to book online, only by phone.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank IAN C
Front Desk M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to say thank you for staying with us again, as well for bearing with us through our transition to an independently operated hotel.

We are working hard to get online reservations set up under our new name so that all who are used to booking online will still be able to do so!

Again, thank you for coming back and we hope to see you again!

Truly,

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2013

True to Best Western form, this is an excellent hotel no matter how long you are staying in Moose Jaw. Very clean, nicely appointed and spacious rooms with an independent adjustable heater in the bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, and a good hot continental breakfast in the morning. The whole building has a friendly feel and atmosphere to it. I am here on business and have just completed my 6th night with 6 more to go and am enjoying my stay. There are lots of restaurants and amenities close by as well. I will definitely be staying here next time I am in town also!

Room Tip: I am on the 4th floor and it is quiet most nights although I think a soccer team was booked in Frida...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Front Desk M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for your review!

We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay thus far and hope the remaining days are no different!

If you need anything at all, please let our staff know!

Thank you for your patronage!

Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The only reason why I'm saying 3stars is because, I had booked on the phone and let them know that I would only use my credit card to book the room but that I would pay either cash or debit for the room once I got there. I get there, and they decide that they need a $400 damage deposit AND the cost of the room as well for one night. I pointed out to them that I had stayed in the spring, and this wasn't the case as well as pointed out that my husbands company uses them all across North America and beyond as their number one place to stay and this can change very quickly. It took a lot of wrangling, but I was finally able to get them to agree to allow me to pay for the room and be done. I mean really I'm the daughter of an 4 star hotel and restaurant owner and the fact that we were literally only going to be in the hotel room for approximately 10 hours in total due to the event we had to attend, we wouldn't have had time to destroy anything ESPECIALLY with two pre-teen girls. Needless to say, I will be letting the dance studios here know about this situation, and my husbands company already knows and has already rebooked my husband with the Ramada instead in the States. Chances are good, we won't be booking here in the spring when we need to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank reginawoman
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us. As the new general manager, I have been strictly enforcing $400 cash deposits for possible damages since summer. Because we value your experience in Spring, I have been told that our front desk manager waived the cash deposit. I hope this made your stay with us better. We sincerely appreciate your business and if you give us another visit, please be advised that we will be taking $400 cash deposit not because we do not trust you but because it is our policy.
Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here on business Nov. 12-15th 2013.

While I frequent many Best Western Hotels, I have to say that this property is at the top of their game.

Most friendly staff, spotless rooms and a fairly good breakfast selection made my stay very enjoyable. Very quiet property with the most comfortable bed one can sleep in.

Only draw back is that the property is a distance from the downtown area, so it is a drive to restaurants & bars. (there is however a very great place called the Rock Creek Tap & Grill which is within walking distance, along with a Tim Horton's)

The locals tell me the night life in Moose Jaw is a little lacking so you are not missing much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is working very hard to provide superior customer service and clean guest rooms. If you have any ideas to improve our breakfast selection please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your business and see you soon!

Winnipeg
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place has BEST in its name for a reason. We were touring through southern Saskatchewan and stayed at several hotels. This was the best by far. We will definitely be back even if I need to bend the tour a bit to get there. We had three great nights sleep and three fabulous breakfasts. I am not exaggerating when I say that this was one of the best 'breakfast included' breakfasts I have ever had. The room was very comfortable and we received excellent customer service from check in to check out.

Room Tip: Even the rooms overlooking the TransCanada highway was really quite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Front Desk M, Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of all the staff and management, I would like to say thank you for your review!

It really means a lot that you think so highly of us! We try very hard every day to improve in every possible. We are all so happy to see people enjoying the efforts we make!

We look forward to your next visit!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here earlier this year and it was less than what it should have been. Unclean rooms, damp towels, bad smells.

A few months later it seems as they have worked out the bugs. The hotel had just opened the first time I stayed there so maybe the problems could be attributed to that. This stay however was excellent, immaculately clean, no more odd smells and the pool was operational finally.

Excellent room with the usual super comfy bed and pillows. Nice large screen TV with a very good HD channels selection. I tried the fitness room, it had 5 machines (treadmill, stepper, bike, lat pull/rower) and some free weights. I did not go for the free breakfast because it was packed full of people so it must have been good.

Overall this hotel is very good, one of the best BW's I've stayed in for some time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for giving us a second chance after a not so great first impression!

We have been working very hard on all aspects to get our hotel perfect for our guests. It means a lot that you took the chance to see our progress.

We only hope to improve, so please come back soon!

Redcliff, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western on Oct 6. What a great hotel and friendly staff. Room was nice size and hot shower. Love the showerhead will stay there again next time I am in Moose Jaw also excellent breakfast, there is also a Timmies right up the block and Wal-Mart and some good places to eat close by

Room Tip: Timmies right up the block and Wal-Mart and some good places to eat close by
1 Thank Ken H
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our staff and management, I would like to say thank you for the great review.

We like to concentrate on the little things to keep our guests happy, we spent a lot of time picking those shower heads!

Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again!