“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Turtleford, Canada
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The room had an excellent bed. Room was very clean. It is nice to have microwave, fridge and a good coffeemaker. Air conditioner was noisy at times but this was the only negative about the room. The hotel is very close to a Tim Hortons and a Walmart Super Center. A variety of restaurants are fairly close.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (306)972-3334.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Michael Yim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a room with a king size bed room and a pull out couch. The room was clean and affordable. We really enjoyed the make your own waffles that were included in the free breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 14, 2013

Ortonville, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The décor of the hotel was excellent. Our room was very nice and comfortable especially after driving 11.5 hours. My family and I will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel offers every comfort as well as knowledgeable staff to offer suggestions for places to dine and visit. Moose Jaw is a charming small city with an excellent museum, library,places to eat besides the usual chains, many recreational facilities, and plenty of interesting tourist outings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here the night that Paul McCartney played in Regina, when apparently all the hotel rooms between Swift Current and Moose Jaw were booked. I was apprehensive staying here, since I had seen some reviews that seemed quite negative, but I'm glad I gave the Best Western a chance. I don't understand why so many guests are being so critical of this Best Western, because I thought it was a great place to stay in Moose Jaw.

I requested rooms on a higher floor, on the side of the hotel facing away from the highway, in hopes of a slightly quieter room. Our rooms were clean and quiet, and our beds were comfortable. I was surprised how comfortable the mattresses were, and how nice the towels were, for a Best Western. I thought the mattresses were similar to mattresses I've slept on at various Canadian Marriotts, Deltas, Sheratons and Hiltons, and didn't expect such a comfortable mattress at a Best Western.

On past visits to Moose Jaw, I've stayed at Temple Gardens and at the Wakamow, so I'm familiar with some of the other hotels and accomodations in Moose Jaw. I preferred the rooms at the Best Western tp my last stay at the Temple Gardens, because despite a full house, the guests at the Best Western were quieter than the ones who were staying at the Temple Gardens on my last visit. The Front Desk staff were friendly.

I went to the gym, which was clean, and even had a windows, one facing the pool, and another facing the Prarie, which sometimes isn't the case in chain hotels. The pool was closed, but the hotel had emailed me in advance, to let me know the pool wasn't open, which was a nice touch.

The only thing I thought was a little odd, was that the Front Desk had mentioned at check in, that they would charge a small fee if the key cards weren't returned. I stay overnight in hotels at least 3-4 weeks a year, and I have never had a hotel suggest they'd charge a fee if I forgot to turn in a key card.

The buffet breakfast is fairly standard for the included hotel buffet often offered at this type of hotel (cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc), and similar to what one finds at a Residence Inn. The man working in the breakfast room kept everything in good supply, and kept the space spotless.

Nice touch with the free local newspapers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that does not face the highway.
1 Thank phoenikia
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 5, 2013

Regina, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was very excited to stay at this Hotel with my 2 children when I booked the vacation. However was very disappointed once I checked in. The website is false advertising. The site mentioned there was an arcade by the pool and it apparently was taken out. It also mentioned having a fitness room, and that was no longer either. I purposely stayed at this hotel just for those two reasons as my 13year old son does not like to shop a lot and I wanted him to have something to do at the hotel while we went shopping. The microwave in our room hardly worked, couldn't even make a bag of popcorn. When I booked the room I asked for poolside and I did not receive that either, and the hotel was not even packed so not sure why I was not able to receive such a room. Overall, with all the complaints I have mentioned to the front desk, they did not give me some sort of discount but an excuse instead that we are renovating. More like destroying. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Tammy C
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We strive for great customer satisfaction and will be taking all your comments into consideration. We are also having our website corrected so the information is not misleading.

Unfortunately, our hotel has no pool side rooms. We would have loved to give you one if we could have.

Please, stay with us again and give us a chance to change your opinion.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight on a road trip. The hotel is very new (still painting outside when we stayed) and easily accessed off the Trans Canada Highway (right beside the Moose and the Snowbird aircraft). Rooms are spacious, well equipped, and the beds were comfortable. Pool with slide was nice as well. Breakfast was OK, with waffles, toast, muffins, sausage patties, juice coffee, etc. Could have had a bit more selection, but otherwise OK. Overall, I would recommend this if you are passing through Moose Jaw. Great restaurant nearby is Rock Creek Tap and Grill.

1 Thank Roland_Klein
Front Desk M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moose Jaw, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.