“Horrible experience”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Horta
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My stay at this hotel was horrible. When we arrived in our room.. the tub was half full of water... we called the front desk to complain but they did nothing about the matter. We slept... felt a little stange and upon returning home the next day we realized that we myself, my husband and 2 year old son were all bitten... something that led to many hospital and emergency clinic visits because it was painful, itchy and attacked our whole body. Turned out it was some sort of bed bug... and can with us back home in our clothing from our stay at the Hotel... it was horrible!!! I would never stay there again... we spent too much on the room and ended up spending even more on perscriptions! And then had to disinfect a home due to the transfer of the bugs that doctors and the University of Saskatchewan said were from the North of Saskatchewan...
HORRIBLE

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank porthunny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed here a year and 1/2 ago for 5 days. We booked a 'King-Suite' and found it to be a good size w/the amenities we needed (fridge, coffee, etc.). When I needed a place to stay for 4 days this year I booked the same hotel and type of room. Very disappointing. The wall paper had tears in at least two places. The seat of the leather chair was ripped. One of the remote controls did not work - the back cover was missing and had been replaced w/Scoth tape. (Took it to the Front Desk - never did get the replacement I was promised.) The elevator & hallways were dirty. There was trash in the stairwell - same candy and cigarette wrappers stayed as long as I did. The room rate was in excess of $100/night - definitely overpriced.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Moose Jaw hotels

bc
Reviewed September 21, 2008

the house keeping staff made it a fun place to be. april and bonnie where always laughing. when i seen the 2 girls walking down the hallways i can hear a very happy laugh. made my stay very injoyable and comforting. made me feel like a home away fr home.. i would come back just for the pleasant 2 girls that made my days very happy .. thank you april and bonnie your spirits inlightened me and made my heart soar

• Liked — friendly staff april and bonnie
  • Disliked — grouchie front desk
  • Stayed July 2008
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2008

This property is fairly new and the rooms are clean. We chose this place because it had a water slide which the kids really enjoyed.The pool was very small and cold. There are very few places to sit but you won't want to stay in this area for long. There seems to be very little ventilation in the pool area. It was sweltering hot and incredibly humid. I could hardly breathe! Part of the reason may be due to the fact that the employees left the door partly open to the outdoors in order that they might go out to smoke. The whole time I was in the pool area there was always employees out smoking and it was very visible fom this area( a window) Very unprofessional. Alot of times there was no one at the front desk because they were outside. That's my main complaint though.The air conditoner in the room was noisy and going all the time it seemed. The bathroom door in our room locked you in.
The staff were friendly, the facility clean, beds comfortable. Free breakfast and good location are the good points..
All in all for the price,I would not stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — pool area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Redcliff
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This is ok hotel if you need a place to stay. The building looks very clean and new. The first thing that we noticed when we got to the room was the smell. It was a fairly foul odor but we managed. We had a view of a tire yard, but that's probably because the hotel is on the outskirts of the city. There's a nice complimentary breakfast that has all the regular foods. The pool and waterslide were a big disappointment. The pool is too shallow which made the waterslide not so fun and borderline dangerous. The exercise room was very limited; it had a treadmill and a bike. There is a business room with an internet connection for anyone needing it. One nice thing about this hotel was that the room was exceptionally large for this class of hotel. For the price we paid and knowing that this was a brand new hotel, we expected more.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chemicalguy123
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2007

On arrival after the check in time, we were told by a very disinterested girl that our room wasn't ready yet. After a few minutes were given a different room to the one we had been promised. It had one King bed and a hide-a-bed.Did not find out until half the family was asleep and too late to complain, that the hide-a-bed was so wavy it could not be slept on .Mattress was flat as a pancake. Slept on cushions on the floor. Next am, no one at desk to take complaints or assist with checkout. All three staff members were right outside the front door, having their second smoke break in 45 minutes. Were told by housekeeper that we would have to wait until they finished their break to check out!! Will not return to this property.

• Liked — Big rooms, comfy king bed, breakfast
  • Disliked — rotten hide a bed, uncaring staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank sandrel72vw
Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed in this hotel on the way to and from B.C. Both times, I noticed there was a strange odour in the rooms that I couldn't quite identify. The pool is very, very cold. I couldn't adjust to it, so I just used the hot tub. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast was average. There was the standard, breads, cereals, small muffins and danishes.
On the way back from B.C., there was a note left on the desk warning guests that the hotel had a water beetle infestation problem due to the high humidity of Saskatchewan weather.
I didn't see any bugs while we stayed there.

• Liked — hot tub
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family