“Just ok”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Manitoba, Canada
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We booked for one night while traveling through sask. stayed here last year twice and found it more than adequate,not sure what has happened in a year... this year we spent the extra few bucks for a " suite" , was a little dissapointed to find it was just a 2 queen room with a hideabed really, I found the room we got was pretty tired. I hope they keep going with the renovations, and do the rooms and replace the beds too, as they were doing the carpet in the halls at the time (smelled a bit like carpet glue, but thats ok, they need to do it) The vanity in the bathroom was falling apart, the wall looked like they had had a leak with sagging wallpaper in the corner, the beds sagged toward the head noticably so my hubby turned the mattress 180 degrees, and it was better, they still have the older tube tvs, but everything was clean at least and having booked on Expedia we find we usually seem to get the worst rooms, not sure I'll do that anymore. The bright side was the pool area and hot tub and little gym were nice to use and clean too, and the breakfast was also nice and adequate for our needs. Not sure I would stay again unless I heard they had renovated and updated the rooms

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We enjoyed our two night stay in this Days Inn. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The whole floor was very quiet. The TV was an older model. The hotel was in the process of getting new carpeting; our room had that new carpet smell that maybe isn't good for you but that I love :) The complementary breakfast was really nice; cereals, packs of instant oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juice, pastries, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs and waffles. Ask for Vince from Amil's taxi if you need a cab and he will give you lots of town info! Moose Jaw has so many touristy things to do; we had a good time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Kids loved the pool and waterslide. The breakfast was good, even had waffles, and open until 10 a,m, Staff was helpful, good location, easy access to the highway, and to downtown, would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2012

For being, lets face it, a mediocre hotel chain I had a great stay! The Staff at the front desk was all very helpful and happy. Even tho it seemed they had to trainees on the young man who was there with them seemed very calm and happy to help whenever they needed and I was very impressed with his ability to juggle helping them, as well as other customers. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, breakfast was GREAT for being a free breakfast. The pool was just so-so, but good for the hotel chains usual standard. all in all I would definitley stay again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent two nights here in June. The rooms were clean, and fairly well maintained. Ours had picture frames that had clearly been melted with a lighter or candle or something in many places (read: should be replaced) and carpet stains, but nothing horrible. The beds were fairly uncomfortable, I woke every morning in a fair amount of pain and had to do a few sun salutations to get the body moving.
We requested a play pen and it wasn't in the room when we got there. Staff promptly brought it up upon request, but I had to set it up. It didn't set up like a normal playpen, and, in hindsight, I think it may have been coming apart in a few places (I had to force together where the legs met the bottom support in order to put it together safely. Likely a hazard for the person putting it together, not for the person sleeping in it!). So, if you request one, have them set it up to be on the safe side.
Staff was friendly but a little unprofessional. For example, we didn't get any sheets or bedding with the playpen. I happened to be going downstairs, so I requested some when I walked by the front desk. The staff member just gave me a sheet, rather than saying he'd have it brought up to the room (they were not busy), which I found odd.
If you happen to have your DND sign up when they go past your room for cleaning it will not be cleaned. We took ours down when the room beside us was being cleaned, and came back that evening to the same (uncleaned) room we left. Somewhat disappointing. Because of this, I requested extra towels while walking by the front desk (you'd think I'd learn my lesson! I even said "could you please send up some towels?") and was promptly given more towels to trudge up to my room.
Breakfast was good, nothing to write home about but had the standard toast, english muffins, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee.
We were on the top floor - AC was quiet and efficient!
One more note, the elevators are REALLY slow, and the staircase is like a sauna. Take your pick.

Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We booked a suite with a king bedroom,queen bed and sofa bed in the main area. We were very impressed. Our son daughter and family plus my husband and daughter and I stayed. There was ample room to sleep and move around. 1 bathroom may cause problems for some, but for us it was not a problem. We were doing things in Regina, and this location was perfect. We just left our hotel and right to the highway. Did not have to travel through all of Moose Jaw. Everything was convenient:
Bonanza Joey's fish, Dairy Queen, Wallmart Lowe's and a great place further down town called the Mad Greek. Also noted they just opened an Original Joe's. The hotel room was clean,continental breakfast good: cereal, bagels, muffins, waffles,juice, coffee, fruit. Note the pillows were not to my personal liking. Too big and puffy.Hard on our necks. Beds very comfortable. The mattress on the sofa bed is not great could use a new one. However our daughter did not complain. They do have pack and plays but we took our own and there was room at the bottom of the bed for it. Staff friendly hotel cleanliness in the rooms good, pool has a waterslide not huge medium size. Small exercise room. All in all a great pick for us. Very convienent and our family really enjoyed everything about it.

1 Thank splovesmexico
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2012

What can I say? Room was clean, breakfast was nicer than what you normally see in this franchise, and I'd say it's a great value for what you're getting. Pool and hot tub was awesome, as well. The only downside was that the pillows were a bit too firm for my taste, so I just slept without them and it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business