“I would recommend it to all!”

Tunnels of Moose Jaw
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Moose Jaw
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tunnels is a year-round attraction where guests are entertained with unique theatrical presentations of Canadian history. Beneath the streets you relive Al Capone's bootlegging days on the Chicago Connection and experience first-hand the hardships of early Chinese immigrants on the Passage to Fortune. At the Tunnels we have intrigue and history all rolled into one fabulous time. For an unforgettable experience bring all the family to relive the past at The Tunnels of Moose Jaw.
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We saw both tours and both were equally entertaining! The cast knew their roles and had us join in the fun as well! Well done!

1  Thank Sheldonjenny

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited the tunnels approx 2007. Following the advice of others I did the Chinese tunnel first, then the Al Capone. I recommend doing them in this order since the Chinese tunnel history is quite depressing and made me embarassed for how we used to treat immigrants, however, the Al Capone tunnel was a lot of fun! Both were very informative and I learned a lot. The costumes and actors in the Al Capone tunnel were fantastic. I would definitely go again if I ever find myself in Moose Jaw in the future.

1  Thank Shell1384
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have done the Chinese immigrant and the old-time gangster tunnel tours. Both are well done and we learned a lot. Be warned that some of the information may be upsetting for smaller children.

1  Thank jmf_sask
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The top tourist attraction in Moose Jaw (and probably all of Saskatchewan) are the Tunnels of Moose Jaw. Located right on the main street of town, this attraction gives visitors two choices of tours, "The Chicago Connection" and "Passage to Fortune." We decided to go with "The Chicago Connection" for our tour.

Upon entering, you'll need to purchase tickets if didn't pre-book in advance. When we showed up, the next tour wasn't available for 3 hours. We did find some other things to do in town during that free time, but in hindsight, it would've been better to pre-book the tour in advance to avoid that waiting.

For the tour itself, you are led outside across the street to another building where you meet your first of two tour guides. She is an actress, who stays in her role very well of being on of Al Capone's lackeys. Throughout the tour you get a good understanding of how the bootlegging business worked in Moose Jaw, but it isn't just informational, it is VERY entertaining and hilarious. You'll eventually be passed off to another "guide," who takes you through the actual tunnels. Again, he did an excellent job entertaining us, as well as improvising on the spot.

This is something we'd highly recommend to everyone visiting southern Saskatchewan!

5  Thank GNRMatt
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We did both tours. The Al Capone tour was very entertaining and funny! The actors were very interactive with us and made the tour as good as it was! The Chinese tour was not as entertaining but very educational (really opened my eyes as to how poorly the Chinese were treated in Canada).

2  Thank R F