“Worth a visit!”

Tunnels of Moose Jaw
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Moose Jaw
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tunnels is a year-round attraction where guests are entertained with unique theatrical presentations of Canadian history. Beneath the streets you relive Al Capone's bootlegging days on the Chicago Connection and experience first-hand the hardships of early Chinese immigrants on the Passage to Fortune. At the Tunnels we have intrigue and history all rolled into one fabulous time. For an unforgettable experience bring all the family to relive the past at The Tunnels of Moose Jaw.
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My family and I took the tour regarding chinese immigration. It was really well done. Our guide, Eric, was excellent. Some good yelling done. It was a very creative way to organize the tour. It gave visitors a glimpse of what it was like.

There are newer reviews for Tunnels of Moose Jaw

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Who would have thought there were tunnels in the prairies! This attraction is so worth the money! The 'guides' were very entertaining as well as theatrical! They incorporated the audience into the show which made the tour alot of fun! Some of the information is factual but for the most part it is pure imagination! There are 2 different tours; each approximately an hour long. Take both as they are totally different. Also get there early so you can reserve the time you want, (they sell out quickly.)

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I had the best time of my life on the tours of the tunnels. The tours guides were very informative and played their parts very well. The Chinese Immigrent tour was sad but educational and the Capone tour was fun and exciting! I would go through them all over again! I had a lot of fun there.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We recently went on the Chicago Tour which features stories about Al Capone using Moose Jaw as his hide out during prohibition. It is well done with actors in period costumes. Our 7 year old grandson really had fun because he got to play the part of a bootlegger and got to hold a "Tommy Gun". Running away from the law through the underground tunnels was especially fun for him. I have been on both tours before....the Al Capone one and the Chinese one. They are excellent. I would suggest going on the Chinese tour first, and the Al Capone second. The Chinese tour made me realize how poorly these immigrants were treated by Canada, and I was quite depressed by it all. Everyone should go through it to experience a dark piece of Canadian history. Finish with the Al Capone tour, which is quite light-hearted. My only disappointment is that no one has written a book about this time in history which I would love to read, even if it is not completely based in fact! Well worth a trip to Moose Jaw. There is lots of fun shopping and places to eat as well. Detour off #1 if you are ever in the area!

1  Thank Hogueynurse
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We took the tour of the Tunnels in early Aug and found it to be very entertaining and interesting. We went on the double tour which take about 45 min. each and there were about 20 people on each tour. I found them both very good and well worth the price