“The Worst Ever”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Saskatchewan
“The Worst Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

First off they did not have our reservation we made in May. The room provided to us was absolutely terrible. The door had no seal with enough space for a mouse to crawl in. The room smelt of dead animal and smoke. Beds were the size and quality of a surf board. The towels were similar to what you would find at a car wash restroom. After less than 5 minutes of soaking all this in we returned to the front desk and asked for a refund. The person, who we later found out was the owner told us it was impossible for a refund as he would get fired. I informed him 5 minutes prior they hadn't had a room for us and now someone was going to get fired? We called MasterCard to cancel any transactions from this location to find out a purchase had already been put through. Instead of staying in this dump we lost our $119.00 and stayed at the Super 8. Very few rooms were available in Moose Jaw as a convention and a Tragically Hip concert were in town the same night. We are waiting to see what else will be put on our credit card from this shady establishment. This is one of the few times we didn't check TripAdvisor prior to booking a Hotel, an expensive mistake.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank SaskatchewanViking68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was not clean, could see garbage under the radiator heater, there was a wet, dirty face cloth in the tub and hairs in the tub and sink. Had to ask for towels as there were none. Located next to a dive bar with loud yelling and lots of late night noise. Lady who was at the desk (behind glass) seemed to be 'wasted'. Also told me that's where the cops drop off bums for the night, not a bonus. Bed was not good and after the state of the bathroom I slept in my clothes on the bed. Why did I stay there? Only place with rooms as some 2000 person family reunion was in town, at the time I thought staying would be better than driving to the next city.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank ManimalChozenBreed

Travelers are raving about these Moose Jaw hotels

Saskatoon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The motel is conveniently located downtown, across the street from Tunnels of Moose Jaw. However, it is also located at the intersection of two busy streets, a train track, and a pub. Light sleepers, beware. Our room was basic, but clean. There is not much privacy on the main floor, as a large window next to the bed opens on the parking lot. When the curtains are closed, the room is very dim. This is a safe, clean place to stay, but does not have any extra frills. At $97 a night, I would say it is a little over-priced for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Shannon M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

A room with paper thin walls and ceilings. Stayed on the main floor. Bathroom had no fan. Water was YELLOW. Yellow towels (there was one face cloth that appeared new and white to which i could make my comparison.) Water marks on the ceiling and walls. Very dim lighting. Bugs on the floor. Doors weren't well draft proof - outside air blowing in. Cold air. The front office was very smoky (I'm allergic to smoke). Had booked a non-smoking room but you could clearly smell smoke in the room. Front office woman said that it doesn't because it's non-smoking. My mother could smell it too!! Had to pay upfront with NO REFUNDS. Was kept awake by the bar across the street and a drunk couple who stayed right above me - they yelled obscenities at each other for an hour throwing things around the room. Too scared to phone anyone - didn't want to compromise my safety and that of my family in case they were crazy.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!! THEY CHARGED US $97.00 FOR ONE NIGHT!! Only good thing was the hot water. Slept only 2 hours that night.

• Stayed November 2011
9 Thank Redhotviolin
barrettsr, Manager at Capone's Hideaway Theme Motel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
This motel is under new management as of November 2012 and are sad to see the past reviews of disapointed customers prior to us arriving. We are working hard to make this property a nice, clean, respectible, BUDGET motel.
Its not a brand new building, but it is a clean place to lay your head at night for a great price.
Please give us another chance.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at this motel in October of this year, after calling about 7 other places that had no vacancies. There were 2 beds, no bed bugs. There were 2 issues with the room though. One was the humidity as soon as you turned on the shower. It was crazy. But you could not open the windows as there were no screens, and there were drunk people yelling most of the night. The other problem I had was the smell. This was advertised as being a non-smoking room. There was no way that was true. As soon as you opened the door it was like a punch in the face how strong the smell was. The whole night, I tried to keep a piece of my clothing around my face as the smell made it hard to breathe. I ended up sleeping about 2 hours, every time I fell asleep the smell woke me up. The bathroom was clean looking, and there were 2 little bars of soap. The towels, face clothes and bathmat smelled like smoke. The beetle in the bathtub was not appealing either.
The TV did work, and that helped but just a little.
Although it was nice to have a place to stop and stretch out (we were driving across the country), I ended up leaving with very little sleep, a headache, my nostrils burning from the smell of smoke and the knowledge of why cash and no proof of ID works well in this place.

Room Tip: Go on to Swift Current
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Gen O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Very good place to stay was with my. G/f. On. 20 aug. We was traveling from montiba. To swift current. We find this motel on 1 main steer. It was a busy. Place. Parking was full. But somehow we got a non smoking. Room.no 24. Very clean nd tidy room with queen bed nd a. Couch. In it. It was. Near bout midnight. It's calm. Nd quite. Early in the morning we wake up it was a beautiful view from top floor. I recmMond this place to my friend. Very friendly. Staff. Nd secure place to stay. I will defenatly come back

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Jandli
ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I were driving across Canada to our new home, and we desperatly needed a sleep. We decided as this was a decent location close to the hwy and everywhere else had been booked, that we would stay. Once checked in, we entered our room which STUNK of smoke and thought "eek! what have we done!"....We were on a tight budget and as they make you pay upfront we had already lost the money and figured we would just suck it up...The floors were gross dirty carpet ( i suggest leaving your shoes on ) and the bathroom while it seemed ok from the distance, once you actually look around you can see stains everywhere on the walls that look like blood, and then covered up with white paint, hair in the sink, wall stains in the main room as well, and the air conditioner STUNK so bad . Theme motel or not...the only Theme you've got goin on is STAINS and STINK! Anywho..seriously Im not a picky person, and have seen some bad accomodation, but...THIS PLACE STINKS!!! EWWWW!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple