“where is the class”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
woodrow
“where is the class”
Reviewed December 12, 2006

I was shocked at how low class this place turned out to be I had to carry my own luggage to my room to start with and when we got in we were told that our treatment time had been moved so we had all of 15 minutes to throw our luggage in and get moving nice way to start relaxing...
I decided to have a beer up stairs so I was not impressed when I was done and had to go stand in line for a refill it reminded me of being a Tim Horton’s.
When I have stayed at Fairmont hotels across the country I have seen about two staff members for every guest and really at $130.00 a night that is what I expect.
The staff was good for all the multi jobs they had to do and were always very apologetic for the miss managed situations that arose.
Finally I wished someone would have told me that they do not have a real chef at the restaurant as I have had better meals at Arbys.

Stayed November 2006
5 Thank BigPhill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Our 2nd visit to the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort was as enjoyable as last year's.

This year, knowing about the parking situation I pulled up to the front, deposited my family and bags, checked in, and then parked. Parking is across the street and hotel parking is only on the 2nd floor, so if you park first, you have to schlep your bags across the street (if you are staying on the pool side).

Checkin was easy, and we had reserved an Executive Suite on the 4th floor (Room 406), the same level as the pool. The Executive Suite is a large two room suite with sofa bed, full table with four chairs, TV and fridge in one room, then closable french doors which lead to the bedroom with a king size bed another TV, balcony, and large bathroom. Cost $199.00 CAD

Bathrobes for use during your stay are included. The pool is warm inside, but even warmer outside. It does feel great to have the cool air outside, but your body toasty warm from the water.

Breakfast prices were fine and it was convenient to stay at the hotel for breakfast. The Casino was right across the street and most attractions are within walking distance.

Houston's is a great family restaurant that is within walking distance. The Tunnels were a fun attraction that are walking through with actors. You have two choices, the Al Capone tour or the Immigrant Chinese tour.

Couldn't resist posting the picture with the Moose Crossing -- very cute.

• Liked — Pool and Spa
  • Disliked — Price
  • Tips/Secrets — Drop off luggage in front of the hotel, then park.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank mcclungp
Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed here overnight on the early in July.

This place is often advertised as a 'destination' spa. I cannot see why.

Parking was a pain - as we were limited to the second level of parking and had to make our way back and forth through a skywalk to get to the front desk, and then back to our room and finally, down to the exit. It's not a maze, but getting in and out of the building did get a little tedious. Service was confused. We were sent to the wrong room initially, and not provided with everything we had paid for.

The restaurant provided a disappointing & incomplete breakfast, and although our package included breakfast, they tried to make us pay extra for the buffet (which we did not want).

Would I stay here again? Sure. Would I try and think of somewhere else to spend my money and time first? Definitely.

Stayed July 2006
6 Thank JeffCanada
Vancouver
Reviewed June 15, 2006

I was in Moose Jaw to attend a funeral and this hotel was centrally located . I checked in and was told my room would be ready at 4.. At 4 20 I was finaly taken to my room, but getting to it on the 2nd floor was quite a battle as the floor was almost completely covered in dirty room service trays on both sides and the entire length of the hall.

The room was adequate ,, certainly not posh.. But I could not get over the mentality of peopl sitting in bath robes and bare feet in the lobby and wandering down the halls. Getting out the front door meant holding your breath and running as fast as you could for it seems in small town Saskatchewan smokers prevail .. Butts all over the sidealk and the street.

The only good thing I can say is that it across the street from Crescent park which is a little bit of heaven against the stark dirty prairie city in the early spring.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank yucatanLover_8
Montreal, QC
Reviewed May 18, 2006

I was looking for a good hotel to stay for a business trip in Moose Jaw. Since this one was rated #1 in TripAdvisor, I have decided to give it a try.

First thing (for a business traveler), they do offer High Speed internet in their new "SkyWalk Wing". It is a reliable connection, allow outbound VPN PPTP and IpSec without any problem, and my Skype worked flawlessly. Perfect there.

The room was huge, and the bed very confortable. Their heating system could be better, I little luck is needed to obtain the desired temperature.

The room offer as well a TV with a good choice of channel, and the bathroom is awesome. Finally an hotel that understand that White Neon is not great for a bathroom. They had, instead, Soft White neon that imitate perfectly the color generated by regular incandescent light... A very small detail, I do agree, which hide also several details of my face after waking up in the morning!! :)

Last thing, I hated my breakfast a their restaurant. The benidicts eggs was overcook and salty, and the breakfast the day after with plain egg and has brown was awful... Can't tell for dinner... Stick with the Tim Horton!!

I will go back there on my next trip.

Stayed May 2006
12 Thank Storm666
Hay River
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We had the pleasure of staying at the Temple Gardens Spa Hotel around Christmas-time. The room we were in had a separate bedroom / and hot-tub/fireplace area in the bedroom.

The hot-tub was absolutely wonderful. The natural spring water had a lovely powder-like scent to it, unlike some other spas.

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The room service was prompt, though the menu was somewhat limited.

All in all a very romantic place, and I definitely want to go back. I'm even considering a wedding there.

3 Thank Gwen117
Lumsden
Reviewed January 11, 2006

We stayed here with two other couples in late October and had a great time. We stayed in the skywalk part. We booked basic room for our friends and the anniversary suite for ourselves. The hotel is very nice.They are a little over priced. The anniversary suite is incredible. BIG room with very comfortable king size bed and gas fireplace. The jacuzzi tub was very loud though, almost too loud and noisey.The anniversary suite was very expensive as well. I don't know if I would ever spend that much money on a room again. It was nice...but very pricey. We spent some time in our friends room because ours wasn't ready yet and nice king size bed, big room and clean.

Supper was excellent. Lobster was excellent. Staff was great. We went down to the Sunday brunch and it was excellent as well.

The mineral pool was nice. It wasn't over crowded at all. Nice and warm on a early fall morning.

• Stayed October 2005