“nice hotel but-- who wants to see people inbathrobes and bare feet”

Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Vancouver
“nice hotel but-- who wants to see people inbathrobes and bare feet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2006

I was in Moose Jaw to attend a funeral and this hotel was centrally located . I checked in and was told my room would be ready at 4.. At 4 20 I was finaly taken to my room, but getting to it on the 2nd floor was quite a battle as the floor was almost completely covered in dirty room service trays on both sides and the entire length of the hall.

The room was adequate ,, certainly not posh.. But I could not get over the mentality of peopl sitting in bath robes and bare feet in the lobby and wandering down the halls. Getting out the front door meant holding your breath and running as fast as you could for it seems in small town Saskatchewan smokers prevail .. Butts all over the sidealk and the street.

The only good thing I can say is that it across the street from Crescent park which is a little bit of heaven against the stark dirty prairie city in the early spring.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank yucatanLover_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2006

I was looking for a good hotel to stay for a business trip in Moose Jaw. Since this one was rated #1 in TripAdvisor, I have decided to give it a try.

First thing (for a business traveler), they do offer High Speed internet in their new "SkyWalk Wing". It is a reliable connection, allow outbound VPN PPTP and IpSec without any problem, and my Skype worked flawlessly. Perfect there.

The room was huge, and the bed very confortable. Their heating system could be better, I little luck is needed to obtain the desired temperature.

The room offer as well a TV with a good choice of channel, and the bathroom is awesome. Finally an hotel that understand that White Neon is not great for a bathroom. They had, instead, Soft White neon that imitate perfectly the color generated by regular incandescent light... A very small detail, I do agree, which hide also several details of my face after waking up in the morning!! :)

Last thing, I hated my breakfast a their restaurant. The benidicts eggs was overcook and salty, and the breakfast the day after with plain egg and has brown was awful... Can't tell for dinner... Stick with the Tim Horton!!

I will go back there on my next trip.

Stayed May 2006
12 Thank Storm666
Hay River
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2006

We had the pleasure of staying at the Temple Gardens Spa Hotel around Christmas-time. The room we were in had a separate bedroom / and hot-tub/fireplace area in the bedroom.

The hot-tub was absolutely wonderful. The natural spring water had a lovely powder-like scent to it, unlike some other spas.

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The room service was prompt, though the menu was somewhat limited.

All in all a very romantic place, and I definitely want to go back. I'm even considering a wedding there.

3 Thank Gwen117
Lumsden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2006

We stayed here with two other couples in late October and had a great time. We stayed in the skywalk part. We booked basic room for our friends and the anniversary suite for ourselves. The hotel is very nice.They are a little over priced. The anniversary suite is incredible. BIG room with very comfortable king size bed and gas fireplace. The jacuzzi tub was very loud though, almost too loud and noisey.The anniversary suite was very expensive as well. I don't know if I would ever spend that much money on a room again. It was nice...but very pricey. We spent some time in our friends room because ours wasn't ready yet and nice king size bed, big room and clean.

Supper was excellent. Lobster was excellent. Staff was great. We went down to the Sunday brunch and it was excellent as well.

The mineral pool was nice. It wasn't over crowded at all. Nice and warm on a early fall morning.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank likestotravel71
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

Now that's what we call a relaxing weekend. My husband and I stayed at the Spa over the May long weekend and felt completely relaxed when we returned home. We had thought of going some place else this year as last year's May long weekend trip to the Spa left us feeling disappointed. We had ordered room service and after 1 1/2 it still didn't arrive plus the line-up at check in was rather long and we had to wait a half hour to check-in.
This year how ever has completely changed our opinion and we will be back next year. We again ordered room service on the Friday night and it arrived hot and with-in about 20 mins. The staff was very friendly and helpfull and even though they were busy at check-in this time and no bellman could be found their marketing manager crossing the street noticed our struggle with our luggage and promptly got a luggage cart, helped us into the hotel and then up to our room, even though this was not his job. The massage I had was the best I've ever had and my husband enjoyed the pool. So all we can say is great 2nd impression we'll be back next year.

• Stayed May 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2005

We made a last minute booking for a Saturday night. The hotel was completely booked so we ended up in a room with two queen beds in the old section of the hotel. The room was clean but certainly not luxurious or large. The air conditioning was very poor and just cycled on and off without ever cooling our west side room. Maintenance told us that it was working normally. Not much a a room for $130 plus taxes.

We did not use the spa facilities but we certaily used the pool. Since our room had no balcony, we sat on the pool deck and had morning coffee and a soak.

The hotel restaurant was a major disappointment as our order got lost in the shuffle and we ended up leaving after an hour and a half without being fed. The next morning there was a $25 gift certificate courtesy of management which we used for the hotel's excellent Sunday brunch.

Had this been our first trip to Temple Gardens, it likely would have been our last, but we have stayed at other times and had very nice rooms. We recommend that you book in the new wing only. The rooms are larger and better appointed. Ask for a park view.

• Stayed April 2005
18 Thank SilverL
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2005

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon back in October of 2004 and just had an amazing time. The resort was fantastic, though I would suggest going to other spas (Wrapture, Shangri-La, Sahara) as opposed to the Oasis there at Temple Gardens. The mineral pool was wonderful! During the week (we stayed six days) it was much quieter and definitely a better experience, but the amount of people on the weekend were certainly tolerable and you could still enjoy the pool. Truly, it was a magical moment to be sitting outside in 102 degree (F) water while freezing rain was coming down on us. The memory of it just makes me smile. I would definitely recommend this resort and the town of Moose Jaw (what a glorious town) to anyone!

11 Thank 00JHK00