“Sunshine, Salt Water and Saskatchewan in February.”

Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just home from a 2 night weekend stay with my girlfriend.
(A.K.A . 2 moms running away!)

Top Thoughts:

Clean, Simple Room. For the price of the room, I would have hoped for fresher carpet/updated bed.
Front desk Service Friendly, helpful and prompt.
Service and atmosphere in Restaurant, friendly, personable, efficient. Food was good. Not outstanding, but decent.
Gift shop has cute stuff, at gift shop prices.

The warmth of the mineral water, the sunshine and fresh air were FANTASTIC!!!!

I had a wonderful weekend, because I made it that way! Before getting on this website, I called the General Manager, Mr. David Wood, and both thanked him for a wonderful stay, and told him my concerns about, specifically, poolside maintenance and staffing. He listened, conversed and assured me that my thoughts and comments were going to be brought up at the meeting he was having in 15 minutes.

Because of that conversation with him, I am booking again for a few months from now. I look forward to seeing the changes and improvements that I feel he is about to implement at what is truly a Saskatchewan Jewel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah H

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been going to this property since it opened in 1996. Unfortunately, every year since 2006, when original owners were bought out by the Temple REIT group, the rooms and corridors look a little more tired. It is time for new beds, furniture and carpets.

As for the mineral pools and immediate area, the carpets and walls could use some attention but the pools themselves seem to be in good shape.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the park - spa wing in the winter and casino wing in the spring, summer an...
4  Thank 2at50plus
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

First of all thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review. We would like to hear from all our guests regarding their stay.

Because of guests like yourself that have taken the time to offer feedback, we do have a series of renovations that have already started. The reason that this has not happened sooner is the planning that has taken place to ensure that this does not inconvenience any of our guests.

I am glad that you noticed that the pool area was in good shape following the work that took place in January, we also have HD TV's deployed in our rooms over the past few days and work starting on the corridors later this month.

I hope that our guests continue to offer feedback on areas where we can concentrate our efforts.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Odd how this wouldn't be higher rated for Moosejaw Hotels..

I can say the hotel and rooms are outdated. They could definitely do some cosmetic renovations and things would be soooo much nicer and they could get away with charging a lot more.

So what we have here, is a Motel 8, but with a great warm mineral pool to swim in. It gets extra points for being open later and on an opening to an open roof top part. On a cold night, it is so relaxing and beautiful sit in. Again, they could do some renovation in this area and make it a lot more luxurious.

So back to the rooms, nothing to see here, but it is nice to have a balcony looking out on the "active" night life of Moosejaw, but hey, I love balconies, and with Moosejaw as your background, it's a fun place to sit anyways. You're probably only here because you are travelling through, but it does the trick and I make it my destination stopping point anytime I am going through the area.

Some nice little things to buy in the spa boutique. The restaurant is quiet and needs updating, but hey, with a positive attitude you can have a real good time here. :)

The front desk staff are a little unwelcoming, but hey...... get past them and you're golden.

Umm yeah, haven't done the spa anytime, and don't have any feedback on that.. maybe one day!

Room Tip: We had a balcony room overlooking the main strip, not bad view.. for Moosejaw.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank I_get_around2014
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

First of all thank you for your feedback, I wish every guest who stayed here would provide balanced feedback that is both encouraging in parts, and helpful in identifying potential improvements.

Regarding your comments aboout some areas of the property benefiting from an aesthetic lift, this is something that has already begun as you will have noticed in the pool area. This process has taken some time in planning as it has to be done out of sight of our guests here.

We are all excited by these improvements and the start that has already been made.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the spa just this past weekend for a romantic getaway with no kids. We booked a jacuzzi suite thinking the jacuzzi tub would be in the room part, but it was in the bathroom! Very dissapointed and not very relaxing. The tub was shallow and was right beside the toilet. We sat in it once for about 15 min the whole weekend. When we walked downt the hall and saw some of the other rooms the tub was outside the bathroom. When we checked out we asked the front desk person why we got stuck in the room with the tub in the bathroom instead of actually in the room. she said there is only 2 rooms like that. She said if you booked it online you have to write in the comments that you dont want that room. I said i didn't know there was even an option! She just kept saying well you should have wrote in the comments when you booked or booked over the phone. Well if I would have known there was an option I would have right?!? The pool was very nice and spent quite a bit of time in it. We also booked a couples spa package with facial, massage, and pedicure. The treatments were very good and professional but we were quite dissapointed that we didn't get to be in the same room for anything except the massage. When we booked the COUPLES spa package we did because we wanted to spend time together relaxing not chatting with the worker ALONE!! Very dissapointed about that! I had to sit alone for a 90 min pedicure! Boring!

Room Tip: Make sure if you are booking a jacuzzi suite online to write in the comments you don't want one...
1  Thank liz140
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I would like to thank you for your review, it is very useful to us to read your honest and balanced feedback.

I believe that you do make a fair point about the need to clearly identify our room types. We may well have many guests who prefer the whirlpool bath to be in the bathroom, and indeed you may well have not experienced a disappointment had you been aware of this when you reserved.

I will take some time to review our descriptions of the rooms for those guests that book online. They are as important as guests that book directly with us and it is always out goal that guests leave us fully satisfied.

I would be happy to hear from you further if you would like to contact me.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night since they were fully booked all weekend. They put us on the 5th floor on the casino side. Room was clean, very spacious, nice bathroom. Shower had great water pressure which was key for both of us!
Only things we didn't like was that, to get to the main lobby or pool we would have to go down to the 3rd floor, cross the sky walk then take another elevator to the main floor (lobby) or 4th floor (pool). Lots of pillows on the bed but were terrible! very very firm! Be sure to bring your own food and drinks too! we got two small bottles of orange juice for just about 8 bucks!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kenzyv

First of all thank you for your review.

It was good to have you with us and I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you for more than one night. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I realise that you were housed in one of those rooms that is furthest from the main reception and I apologise for the inconvenience. What I am more keen to address is the mention you made of the pillows in the room. This is such a key item for a guest's comfort and I am glad that you have taken the time to bring this to my attention. Following your comments we will be proceeding with a triage of our pillows, replacing all those that are past their best.

I hope we are able to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Booked a room for the night, with the jacuzzi, went into out room and went to set down our keys to be greeted with a crusty dirty rag on our table, the room was very dingy with banged up furniture and had a bit of an odour, we placed a call to front desk and they, told us they would send up housekeeping to obtain the rag, no apologies at all, housekeeping arrived and said we were just doing extra cleaning. Upon looking at the room and having a feeling of uncleanliness, we took it upon ourselves to request a new room. The front desk did honour our request but she huffed and puffed the whole time once again no smile or courtesy towards us. We entered our room and were confronted yet again with a banged up room but in a little better shape. To try and make light of our situation we headed down to the pool, which had just gone through annuall maintenance, and what I'm assuming a fresh coat of paint in the pool because that was all we could smell on our hand and skin, after the start of a migraine we decided to leave the pool and return to our room. After showering off we decided to head out for a bit upon arriving back to our hotel my hubby decided to watch some tv, well the tv would not shut off, after feeling frustrated and very disappointed we through a shirt over it and went to bed, as feeling we would not get vey far as per our treatment earlier. With very little sleep and relaxation we figured we would try out the jacuzzi cause we did not want to go back to the pool, the taps and faucets were corroded with mold and mildew, nothing some clr and a toothbrush couldn't fix, part of the floorboard fell of while getting in the tub, it was just not the relaxing experience we were hoping for, I did make a complaint in the morning and we were asked what type of compensation did we see fit for this, the phone was silent as I laid my complaints, just to be asked that. We did get half the room rate taken off our bill but that didn't seem like compensation enough for the trouble we had gone through paying babysitters, booking time off work and making a special trip out there for this experience. Pretty disappointing. I took pictures of the rundown room and corroded, sink as proof just cause I feel she didn't take our complaints serious, something's may have been overlooked had our experience not gone wrong right from the start. Overall experience 0 out of 10

2  Thank Roomsgonewrong
Templegardens, Director of Sales at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

We are sorry you had a poor experience with Temple Gardens.
I would very much like to speak with you in person.
Can you email me your contact information.
dos@templegardens.sk.ca
Dave

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, stayed here one night between Christmas and New Year. We had a room with two queen beds on the main floor on the pool side of the hotel. We waited about 5 minutes to check in at 3:45 pm. Our room was ready and it was clean and seemed to have been recently upgraded. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the bedding all seemed relatively new. The bathroom was clean and guest services happily brought us more thick fluffy towels when we called as we were showering every time we got out of the pool. The TV was still the old tube style TV but we noticed a delivery truck dropping off a large shipment of flat screen tvs when we checked in so we assume they will soon all be upgraded. We enjoyed the pool. It was not too crowded and even though there were lots of families, it was relatively quiet in the pool while we were there. There were no kids running around or splashing water, etc. that we saw. The pool was a little bit dirty at the steps going in and out but they were soon shutting it down for do their annual maintenance and cleaning so that is to be expected. We have seen far worse in other hotel pools for sure! We brought our own drinks from home and ordered room service in for supper. The helpings were generous and the food was all very good. In the morning we grabbed a quick snack for breakfast from the café attached to the pool and everything was fresh and very good. We have not stayed here for a couple of years and in our opinion, the spa was in better shape than when we last visited. We quite enjoyed on little one night family getaway. It is a fantastic place to hang out when it is minus 30 outside and there is not much else you can do anyhow! Given the price of hotel rooms, we thought our CAA rate was reasonable when you take into account that it includes access to the spa pool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the spa side are a lot closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family