Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grant Hall Hotel(Moose Jaw)
Dreamland Motel(Moose Jaw)
3,130 results
All reviewsmineral poolget awaysteam roomoutdoor poolrelaxing staytemple gardencrescent parkdining roommassagecasinoharwoodskywalkrelaxationrobestreebrunchwinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I would like thank you for another wonderful and relaxing stay. People always ask me if I am going away for the winter and I ask them why would one want to leave Saskatchewan, even with these cold temperatures, when we have such a wonderful place to retreat to right in Saskatchewan! Thank you again to "All" at Temple Gardens for providing a "Happy Place" for me to continually return too! Being a 13 year plus returning customer, I can't imagine not visiting the Temple Garden Mineral Spa numerous times a year for my "aha!" moment.

Looking forward to many more relaxing stays, Sheila

1  Thank Sheila S
Templegardens, Director of Sales at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thanks for your review. We look forward to you next visit
Dave DOS

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family has met in Moose Jaw at the Spa a few times over the Christmas holiday in past years as it is halfway for all of us. The hotel is in dire need of a refreshing and updating, especially for the price they charge. I would have to say our stay was just ok. The King suites had a good sized sitting room where we gathered but furniture was old and sparse and when we asked for wine glasses they charged us for them. I have never been charged for 4 wine glasses anywhere I have travelled. Nothing was really bad about our stay but nothing was really good either.

4  Thank Shannyg
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here with 12 other family members this weekend
We have been here several times before over the years.
It's starting to get run down and for $300/ night we kinda expected better.
Time for some major renovations!!!
Front desk told us we had 2 fold out beds for the teenagers in our room.
It Only 1 fold out couch....so they brought us a cot and charged us another $10/night for that.
We asked to see if we could get a card table our some type of folding table to our suite, Don't have anything like that was there reply.
Asked to have 4 wine glasses delivered to the room as there were none.....$2.10 charge to get that ...lol..Its not the $2.10 that bothers me but what hotel that charges $300/night doesn't provide a wine glass in the room?
The pictures below show the water damage in the room and the patio door that doesn't shut tight. It was -35 and we had a nice little snow bank inside the door.
There was a portable toilet sitting in the hallway outside for 24 hours and finally got removed when someone called the front desk to complain.....
The pool was ok and only shut down once for Fecal/vomit removal.....
The restaurant was ok and had a nice Sunday brunch.
Front desk advised us that parking on the street was free so we chose that option...but they still charged us 2 days parking on our bill.
We had that reversed and checked out.
Our group had fun but all agreed that for the price of the rooms there are far nicer options out there.
5 star prices for a small town hotel, but only 3 star facilities and service.

3  Thank firefun

Thank you for all your observations of our hotel. Your points have been noted and forwarded to housekeeping and maintenance. We do struggle with water leaks this year as we have had so much melting a freezing which is a challenge.
We are looking forward to a major renovation that is scheduled for the near future. We could not be more excited as Temple Gardens is a busy resort that is well used Look for the beginning of renovations in the next few months.
Dave DOS

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We live in MJ, spontaneously decided to book in for the night as a getaway. We last stayed at the spa about 5 years ago and were not impressed then. As a MJ resident I am embarrassed. The spa is supposed to be our prize jewel. It just looks like a tired hotel. The carpet needs refreshing (or at least a regular cleaning!!) both in the hall and in our rooms. The walls in the hallways and in our room all have ding marks and would benefit from a paintbrush.
We stayed in a King room across the street. All 4 of the drinking glasses had water spots and did not appear clean. The bathroom was clean but tired. The shower curtain attacked me all the way through the shower. The shower itself was good and hot. I ended up sleeping with a towel for a pillow because the pillows were HUGE and SUPER fluffy. That is my own fault for not bringing a pillow.
The staff members were all OK, not spectacular or wonderful and that is disappointing. I want friendly welcoming treatment when I am staying at a resort. Several staff were on the elevators with us and didn't even acknowledge our presence. The staff member that checked me in asked me three times how my Christmas was. The first time was nice, the last two times were just weird. We stayed on January 2 and when I was in the outside pool I noticed that there was still garbage from New Year's eve littered around the pool. Really?? The lifeguards clearly wanted to be somewhere else, no eye contact when we picked up our towels, no friendly "hello". The casino staff on the other hand were great as usual-friendly and cheerful. The spa staff need to take customer care lessons. It was an OK stay, nothing I could call up and complain loudly about but next time we will go to Regina.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building on the 4th or 5th floor. Quieter area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rinn2girls
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Me and my daughter were going to be alone for Christmas, so we decided to book in at the spa for Christmas Day (hoping to enjoy the hotel's Christmas dinner and relaxing pool). As first time visitors, I had never heard anything bad about the hotel or spa.

THE BAD:
- Upon check-in, we waited in line for about 25 minutes -- even though the hotel was fully booked/sold-out, there was only 1 front desk staff checking people in.

- Because check-in isn't until 4:00 p.m., by the time we got to our room it was about 4:45 pm and we decided to head over to the restaurant to see if we could get in for dinner. We were advised by the hostess that the Christmas buffet had been sold-out/fully booked for the past 3 WEEKS! No mention of this whatsoever on the website when I booked the room. No mention of this by the front desk staff. So, our choices were now McDonald's (The only thing open on Xmas Day) or the very overpriced room service. My daughter opted for McDonalds.

- We had expected to spend a few hours at dinner then go to the pool - but since that didn't work out it was now 6:00 pm and a whole night to kill at the pool or in our room. We decided to head to the pool. NASTY change rooms - obviously peak time, but the floors had hairballs everywhere and debris mixed in with all the water sitting on the floor. UGH. Pool was okay (since it was nighttime and we couldn't see the nasty pigeons circling overhead, the cheap dollar store xmas decor on the patio outside or the dirty patio by the outside part of the pool). Lots of screaming kids, throwing water from cups, splashing you as you went by. So much for relaxation and quiet!

- After 30 minutes in the pool, we headed back to our room.....which I should mention we were apparently in an "economy room" right beside the gym....and then the bombs started! The free weights were on the other side of the wall (where are beds were) and everytime some kid or idiot dropped a weight it sounded like a bomb going off in our room -- this went on from 7 pm until 11:30 pm!

- The room - definitely economy! Shabby carpet, dinted/dinged up walls, outdated, shabby bathroom, old tube TV. Thank God it was only 1 night.

- Parking across the street on the 2nd floor -- couldn't be farther away from our room.

THE GOOD:

I got to spend time with my daughter....regardless of the shabby and disappointed service and condition of the pool and rooms.

Definitely needs an update and some new management! Who sells out the Christmas buffet 3 weeks before Christmas and DOES NOT ADVISE PAYING GUESTS of the hotel??

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is NOT next door to the gym! If you get a room in the 115 range, you will be getting economy which is shabby, outdated and very basic!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cee D
Templegardens, Director of Sales at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. I have followed up on some of your concerns. I did check and the front desk was staffed with two agents and one person on switchboard.
The nature of check in at or hotel is that we have rather small window of people arriving.
I also noted that we had open rooms the night of your stay and I wish you had let us know of the noise and we could have moved you.
Weekends are our busiest time in the hotel. Thanks for the idea of posting when Harwood's is sold out. Christmas, Mothers Day and Valentines Days always sell out in advance. We will post that to our Web and Facebook sites. If you would like to speak with me directly please email dos@templegardens.sk.ca.
Dave