“Very Old and Expensive for what you get”

Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa for one night on March 3 while in town for a wedding. The reason we booked was for the hotel's proximity to the wedding reception. Upon checking in, the front desk staff seemed to be having an off day. Not very welcoming or courteous for working at a supposedly "nice" hotel. Parking is included which is nice, and the elevator in the parkade takes you straight to the rooms which is convenient.
The location is also ideal. It is near the casino, downtown shopping, and of course Deja Vu, which is the best wing and milkshake place I've ever been to. They are all right next door so this location is perfect.
The rooms however are unimpressive. While very clean, they are extremely old and dated. Our room actually still had a tube TV in it which made me feel nostalgic ha ha. The furniture and decor shows its age and wear. This is not a bad hotel room for about $100 but we paid $240 for the basic king bed room. I realize that you pay extra for the use of the spa and pool, but based on the rooms I would not return. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Moose Jaw on previously, got the honeymoon suite with a jacuzzi and it was $65 less than here. I would recommend staying there instead.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The pool is ok. Went on a Sunday and didn't expect so many kids with water guns... Thought it would be a bit more adult and upscale. I was expecting something more along the line of the geothermal pools I've visited in Europe.
The Spa was great. Loved my hot stone massage. My friend had a facial and was very happy with her experience. We arrived early and the waiting area was nicely decorated and the tea, juice, water and snacks were welcoming while we waited for our therapists.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank ahyc
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Ahy C

Thank you for passing on your comments regarding your visit to the Mineral pool. As you noticed we do allow children, but they should not have water guns during their visit. I will address that with our pool manager. I am very glad to hear that your friend enjoyed the spa treatments.

Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future

Yours truly

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beds are very comfortable.

The pool is the highlight. The pool is very kid friendly. It has ledges around most of the sides. A ramp. And has life jackets in little sizes at the pool. The staff were very nice. The kids loved the warm water. Water is available (free) at the side of the pool and cool down showers.

I loved the steam room.

Our room was close to the pool but the road noise was a bit loud.

We will be back!

Room Tip: I love the robes in the room for back and forth to the pool. If you have kids bring one for them!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Raunce K;

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your visit to Temple Gardens Mineral Spa. I is always great to hear our guests feed back so we can pass on to our team on how we are doing.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel but only used the mineral spa so this review is only for that. It is lovely. It is not too crowded on weekdays. IT has a portion indoors as well outdoors. Very clean. Towels provided at no charge. Water available. Aromatherapy steam room. overall excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Abi P

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments with your mineral pool visit. I am very happy to hear you you enjoyed your time here

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our room never even got cleaned on a two day stay! Yes it was busy family day weekend and we slept in until 1130 but from 1130 until 4 pm nobody came or attempted to clean the room! This is a spa ... Never ever again will we stay here.. And was not offered any compensation... Which I will deal with through small claims courts to make a point to the spa... Don't bother leaving a message for Ranald to call you back as we have for days... They just forward our message off to voice mail.. Very poor public relation skills for a so called " spa experience".

• Stayed: February 2013

Dar Traveler;

I am very sorry that your concern was not address promptly and to your satisfaction and that your room was not cleaned. I am sorry that your call was not returned and would love an opportunity to speak personally about your concerns. We do want to rectify any situations if our guests do not have a pleasant stay. Again I am truly sorry that you were unable to contact me, but would like the chance to speak to you. If you be so kind as to E mails me your telephone number at rrasmussen@templegardens.sk.ca I will call you to chat about your stay.

Yours truly,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited again- while the staff is friendly and attentive the hotel itself seems to be slipping. Room was old-needed repairs/replacement- a new sink, carpet and the walls/celing was falling apart. The pool itself is still very good but maitenance around that area is lacking. Saying all this it is worth the trip but make sure you request a balcony and you will get a newer room. The brunch on sunday is well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and you should be put in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear 967776

Thank you for taking time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. We are continually going through the rooms to keep them in good working order and are planning up coming upgrades to some of the guest rooms. I am very sorry that the room that you stayed in was not to your liking. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can talk personally about your comments and see how we can make you happy

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travelled with a group of women and we did the whole spa thing while we were here - beautiful pool, excellent spa, great staff for the most part Room was comfortable and quiet. We will come back. The restaurant is quite good as well, and very accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jen

Thank you for passing on your positive comments regarding your stay. WE do enjoy hearing the feed back from our guests and do pass on the good or bad to all of our team. I am glad to hear that you will return and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Yours truly,