“Great times in the mineral spa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa

Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Calgary, Canada
“Great times in the mineral spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel but only used the mineral spa so this review is only for that. It is lovely. It is not too crowded on weekdays. IT has a portion indoors as well outdoors. Very clean. Towels provided at no charge. Water available. Aromatherapy steam room. overall excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Abi P

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments with your mineral pool visit. I am very happy to hear you you enjoyed your time here

Yours Truly

Ranald Rasmussen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our room never even got cleaned on a two day stay! Yes it was busy family day weekend and we slept in until 1130 but from 1130 until 4 pm nobody came or attempted to clean the room! This is a spa ... Never ever again will we stay here.. And was not offered any compensation... Which I will deal with through small claims courts to make a point to the spa... Don't bother leaving a message for Ranald to call you back as we have for days... They just forward our message off to voice mail.. Very poor public relation skills for a so called " spa experience".

• Stayed February 2013
Dar Traveler;

I am very sorry that your concern was not address promptly and to your satisfaction and that your room was not cleaned. I am sorry that your call was not returned and would love an opportunity to speak personally about your concerns. We do want to rectify any situations if our guests do not have a pleasant stay. Again I am truly sorry that you were unable to contact me, but would like the chance to speak to you. If you be so kind as to E mails me your telephone number at rrasmussen@templegardens.sk.ca I will call you to chat about your stay.

Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited again- while the staff is friendly and attentive the hotel itself seems to be slipping. Room was old-needed repairs/replacement- a new sink, carpet and the walls/celing was falling apart. The pool itself is still very good but maitenance around that area is lacking. Saying all this it is worth the trip but make sure you request a balcony and you will get a newer room. The brunch on sunday is well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and you should be put in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear 967776

Thank you for taking time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. We are continually going through the rooms to keep them in good working order and are planning up coming upgrades to some of the guest rooms. I am very sorry that the room that you stayed in was not to your liking. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can talk personally about your comments and see how we can make you happy

Yours Truly

Snow Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travelled with a group of women and we did the whole spa thing while we were here - beautiful pool, excellent spa, great staff for the most part Room was comfortable and quiet. We will come back. The restaurant is quite good as well, and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jen

Thank you for passing on your positive comments regarding your stay. WE do enjoy hearing the feed back from our guests and do pass on the good or bad to all of our team. I am glad to hear that you will return and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights here this past weekend. This was my second trip to this hotel, and we went for the mineral pool waters. It is so relaxing, and there is a good size portion of the pool that's outside, and warmer than the inside portion, so nice on a cold winters night or during the day when its snowing! The pool area was busy but there was lots of room to move around still each time we were in it.
We were in the east part of the hotel on the 1st floor, just around the corner from the front desk. The room door opened immediately in direct sight line to the bathroom, which I don't like, and the room door let a lot of hallway light into the room at night. Our room was a standard room with 2 double beds, older stylings but comfortable. When we booked, we were trying to book with other family members with children and it seemed like the hotel doesn't want kids in this size of room, or you have to pay extra for the kids, according to the online booking system, which I thought was strange. They ended up staying elsewhere because their cost was higher for 2 adults and 2 kids, compared to our two adults. The elevator is excruciatingly slow, so I would recommend taking sport sandals to climb the stairs with, it's quicker if you're able. I was pleasantly surprised to find the in room toiletries were Aveda! That's appreciated. Front desk staff was very pleasant at check in Friday night and at check out Sunday morning.
Location was great, we could walk to a bunch of cute boutiques, cafes, restaurants and taverns very quickly.

Estevan, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pros - Great Location, lots do do in the area, plenty of shopping and restaurants. Mineral Pool is very nice. That was the best part of the whole experience was the pool. Its amazing and very large. Room was clean and quiet. Staff seemed very polite.

Cons - Shower is very narrow, I know that sounds weird but the shower curtain was touching me the whole time and that's irritating. The TV in the room is very old and had poor color. Worst thing I encountered was the beautiful mineral pool which is amazing was absolutely filled with kids. The pool was huge and there was so many kids you couldn't get away from them splashing you and screaming. Not much fun when you are thinking of a nice quiet spa weekend away from the kids, They clear out in the evenings (thank god). The spa itself is mediocre. I've certainly been to better. While getting a couples massage with my wife, the walls were paper thin and I could hear everything going on in the next room which was somewhat of a distraction. The massages were also more expensive then most places. The fitness room is a joke, outdated equipment in a little tiny two room area. The carpet was just rancid and it kicked up a moldy smell as I worked out. You would think for a spa hotel where you are supposed to be thinking about health and relaxation that they would put some effort into a decent fitness room. The last con was the price. You kind of expect when you pay more you are going to get more, and you don't. It is outright expensive which I am okay with as long as the facility is up to the par of the price.

I likely will not go back unless some of these cons are made better. Happy to have gone once, but I can go else where and get a massage and stay in a hotel for much much cheaper.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear G616:

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. I have heard your list of items and do know about some of the things and we are looking to update and replace a lot of these things. As for the mineral pool we are a public facility and are considered part of the community and do allow children. The mornings are exclusive to hotel guest until 10 AM each morning. I am sorry that the cons impacted your stay and truly hope that you will feel comfortable in return again in the future.

Yours truly
Regina, Saskatchewan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stay here at least once a year and normally have no issues. The ammenities, rooms and pool are great! This trip we were celebrating my father in law's 60th birthday. We had 6 rooms booked which were all booked by one person, but we were assured we wouldn't have any issues with check in. When we arrived the confusion started. The woman working the front desk was awful! She was unfriendly, rude and unwilling to listen. My husband, myself and our 6 month old tried checking in, but she refused to let us have our room until we had a confirmation number. We had checked earlier and were told we didn't need a number. My brother in law had all the numbers, so we were stuck. Finally he texted me the number and we were given our room. The front desk woman didn't apologize, she didn't try to help us out (especially since we had a baby who clearly needed to eat), and she just didn't seem to care. The other issue we had was that the cleaning staff forgot to reset the alarm clock in the room, so we were woken up very early in the morning. Like I said earlier the pool was amazing as always, the room was clean, and it was a nice trip....just avoid the angry older woman working the front desk!

Room Tip: Book on the new side. It is way quieter!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your past stay. I am very sorry that you ran into a least than friendly Guest Service Agent. I will address this with our Front office Manager to pass on your comments regarding your service. We do have the need for the confirmation number for your security and try to protect that. I do apologize that it was not delivered in a more pleasant manner.

Again, thank you for your comments and do hope that you will return again soon