The title of my review is pretty accurate. Frankly, it'll be their unofficial slogan very soon if they don't listen to their customers. Temple Gardens must accept that upgrading their rooms every 15 years is not acceptable.
The pool and restaurant is wonderful, but even on the "new" side, you can expect tube tvs with horrible colour and clarity. I agree that the tv hutches are beautiful pieces of wood furniture and likely initially expensive with their "Temple Gardens" engravings, but convert them into wardrobes and hang a 42" flat screen! Certainly someone has the management and negotiation skills to swing a deal for that...especially nowadays. The furniture, particularly beds, are great. Failing to keep up on the technical frankly seems either lazy or greedy.
The basic cable is sad and while I appreciate the opportunity to rent a "still in theatre" movie from their service provider, I have no interest in squinting to make it out on the 10 year old tube. The wifi is so weak, my laptop couldn't even find it, let alone use it. Yes, it's a spa and relaxation resort. Sometimes relaxation to me means lounging in front of the tv or computer.
Temple Gardens may get by for some time, but with their slow, if not non-existent, efforts to upgrade the technical aspects of their suites...."you pay for the water."
I see that I'm not alone in my assessment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in historic downtown Moose Jaw, Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa is the ultimate Saskatchewan escape. Come for a soak in Canada's largest therapeutic geothermal mineral water pool. The naturally warm waters in this indoor/outdoor rooftop pool are pure relaxation for weary muscles and sore joints. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Gardens Mineral Hotel Moose Jaw
- Temple Gardens Mineral Spa
- Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan