“Do not trust them with your Credit Card” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Regina, Canada
“Do not trust them with your Credit Card”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went out for an overnight stay at the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa in Moose Jaw. I had left my credit card at the front desk (accidentally) and the clerk called to let me know. I asked her to bring it up for me, I waited about 30 minutes and then went down to the desk to get it. However the card was now missing!!! As I was speaking to the manager, an employee comes in from outside and hands me my card. Not wanting to be a suspicious person, I paid no attention and thanked him for my card. I just got my statement back and apparently a 196 dollar charge was made at a local clothing store on Main St. Can't freaking believe it!!!

Still waiting for a manager to call me back, this has really been a nightmare dealing with a theft at a place where you need to feel like your credit card information is safe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Trippy1976
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Trippy

I just wanted to drop you a note to apologize again for the incident that occurred during your last stay with us. I am deeply saddened that one of our employees let us down with the trust that we expect and that we do have with all our other great people that work at Temple Gardens. As I did explain in our previous correspondence is that, the employee has been charged by the police and has been dismissed by the hotel. We do have procedures in place to restrict access to guest information and do not tolerate any deviation from that, as demonstrated by our actions.

I truly hope that you accept my personal apology in the spirit it is intended and that you feel comfortable in returning despite this unusual occurrence.

Yours truly
Ranald Rasmussen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice room, but needed a couple of small touch ups. Had the Moose Jaw getaway package, and was a good deal for the Tunnels tickets, and casino voucher. A neat experience to be swimming out side in a blizzard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CoolGirl792
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear CoolGirl792

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the Moose Jaw Getaway package. As to your comments regarding the room, I want to assure you we are continuously addressing room maintenance issues. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to serving you again soon..

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the Temple Spa in August 2012. Breakfast and supper were included in the price. The rooms were super clean and comphy, all staff friendly and helpful, food was delicious and beautifully served. The pool was very large and there was lots of room to move around or just enjoy soaking up the minerals...ah so refreshing.The casino was directly across the street .Parking was included but be sure that you dont park in the casino part or will be charged $10 which apparently the hotel will refund you. I would have liked to stay longer. If we are ever back that way, it will be a definate stop for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheena S

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments about your recent visit to Temple Gardens. Sounds like you enjoyed the Guestroom and Dining Package, and we look forward to your next visit.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent beds and bedding, which is of paramount importance, so the room was incidental.
However, having said that, I was a little surprised at how old and tired the room appeared as well as the poor paint job in the bathroom with about 1/2" of the previous green paint in evidence around the tub area. It just didn't live up to all the hyperbole we'd heard about this hotel.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we were not able to avail ourselves of any of the spa services, which is apparently what put this establishment on the map. Perhaps next time, as I would like to give this place another try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Sahali

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments about your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the beds and bedding and hope you have the opportunity to try some of the services at SunTree Spa on your next visit. As to your comments regarding the paint, I want to assure you we are addressing room painting and general maintenance and will continue to do so. Your feedback is appreciated.

Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a good place to stay that is above your standard hotel. The big attraction is the mineral spa which is warm and inviting with an outdoor access. This makes it nice on cold winter nights. Other spa services are also offered and seem to be high quality, though I did not use them. The room was large with a king size bed that was fairly comfortable. There is a Casino attached to the facility that I also did not make use of.
The only criticisms I have are small. The television in the room was very poor. Though it was a flat screen, it was of poor quality with a lot of wavy lines along the top 6 inches. It would take about 5 seconds to refocus after each channel change. The bathtub had a bad faucet setup that dripped and splashed when filling the tub. A wet floor was not a pleasant surprise when I got back to the tub. The facility itself is in need of some touch ups with paint starting to peel and other small things.
Besides the TV, which I am assuming is a room specific issue, the stay was nice and the facility was worth the money spent.

Room Tip: My room was in the casino wing. I am not sure about the rooms in the hotel proper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear sasktravel

Thank you for taking the time to pass along feedback on your recent stay. i am glad you enjoyed the mineral spa and hope you have time to utilize the services of SunTree Spa on your next visit. I want to assure you we are continuously addressing the maintenance issues that come up and are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for a couple of days in September on our way back from B.C. Having stayed here about four yeasr ago i was very surprised that the hotel seems to be a bit neglected. The pool deck area is somewhat dirtly, especially outside with the bird droppings all round. There didn't seem to be any cleaning staff around the pool area. The pool itself also seems to be neglected with paint peeling and cracked tiles. Food and staff are top self and were very helpfull. Although the bed was comforatble, the room was the biggest dissappiontment as the carpet was absolutely filthy and should have been replaced. You could actually see the dirt streaks in the light brown carpet and we had upgraded our room. When we stayed four years ago this was such a beautiful room, but obviously quality control is now an issue. If i was managing a upper class hotel such as this, I would personnally spot check each room for issues such as this. I will not likley return and would have a hard time recommending. I realize that you are coming for the pool, which was great, but there is no excuse for old dirty carpets in a five star hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DCC51

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back on your past stay with us. I understand your comments and want to let you know we are addressing the items you are mentioning. We are continuously reinvesting in the property such as 90 rooms with new furniture, art work and lamps, all new bed scarves, neck pillows, skirts and top sheets, 40 rooms of new carpet and some new lobby furniture. The change rooms for the mineral pool are newly renovated and we are planning to install new hallway carpets on the original side. And last but not least we are painting our guest rooms on a ongoing basis. please be assured that we do listen to our guests and truly hope that you return again soon in the future.

Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

the mineral spa is a great destination for relaxing and having fun. The waters are wonderfully warm and especially fun in the winter as you can go outside and watch the steam come off the perfectly heated pools. Our kids loved letting their hair freeze and then emerging themselves under the water. If you are truly indulging, go to the salon and have a massage, pedicure or manicure. They have a number of luxury pampering services.

We have stayed at the Resort but prefer a local bed and breakfast too. when we did stay, we got a spa room which had a hot tub in the bedroom (this was a little weird but my husband loved it because he could watch TV in the tub)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Lesley M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Temple Gardens Mineral Spa. I am pleased you enjoy "taking the waters" and were able to take advantage of the Mineral Jacuzzi Suite.

We look forward to serving you again soon.