“Very nice, relaxing retreat”

Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Spent two nights at the Temple Gardens and found it very enjoyable. Was originally booked at the Days Inn but soon checked out when I found out it was occupied by 5 hockey teams! To my surprise, it was only $50 per night more to stay there which I thought was a good deal ($179 per night). The rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds and bedding. The hotel is definitely showing signs of wear which is a shame considering it is on Canada's list of top spa-hotels.

I had a paraffin wax pedicure and deep tissue massage which were both great. The pool is very nice but super crowded as it is open to the general public. It is quieter from 7am-9am and after 10pm (open until midnight).

I used the gym which had two treadmills, a recumbent bike, and some free weights.

I would stay there again, perhaps during the week when it is quieter.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ironmom69

Reviewed January 25, 2012

When i walked in the doors to temple gardens i was greeted with a warm smile from the bellman and the front desk staff. I stayed here for two nights and on the second night of my stay i went to enjoy the mineral pool. I was provided with a robe to go back and forth from the pool. Spending the night relaxing in the mineral waters under the stars was amazing and i would stay at this hotel again because the staff was friendly and welcoming and the spa experience was incredible. Thank you to the staff for allowing me to have a great and relaxing stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anonymous2012157
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Just got back from a nice time at the temple gardens. Went with my wife for her birthday. Its been about 5 years since we were last there and you can see the years of wear. The staff are excellent and extremely accomodating. Time to freshen up the place. I remember when it was the primo place to go and now its just a regular old hotel. There was time when getting in meant you had to book months in advance, alas I bet those days have long passed.

Still a great place to visit and perhaps I'm being snobbish, but i do remeber when it was a great place to go...now its good, not great.

Enjoy the warmth of the pool and get outside because its really cool to see the steam and be warm even in -40 degree weather.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Was here on business.This place was probably great 10 years ago or more but it looks like an aging old queen with way too much make-up in all the wrong places.
Issues:
1) Really confusing way into lobby from parking without any signage indicating lobby entrance. Had to ask a staff person how to enter lobby.
2) Rooms getting quite dated. Bathrooms circa 1980 with holes around receptacles; cracked sink; paint job that left marks on ceiling; marks and scuffs on door which should have been touched up
3) Carpet which could have been cleaned better. Found crumbs in corner and a scrunchie(thing to tie hair back with).
4) Wi-fi that did not work(several in my group had the same problem). When we asked at the desk they said they had not any problems with it. Then we told them it was also not working in their business centre and they told us they had to reboot the system. It worked great after that.

Some of the nice things about the place are the location, the beds which I found to be quite comfortable, and the pool which I still enjoyed. Food was fine as well.
People working here were friendly and accommodating.
Overall it needs some TLC or better yet, a facelift.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank wac36
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed in an Anniversary suite after Christmas for 1 night. Room is overpriced for what you get. Checked in with gift cards, front desk agent didn't ask for a credit card imprint, I thought that was standard procedure with gift cards. Got back to our room later that evening and decided to order some room service. I charged the amount to our room..order wasn't correct and when I called to advise, I got attitude. Our anniversary suite had a jacuzzi tub so we decided to hop in and take advantage of it. While trying to relax in it and enjoy a nice glass of wine the phone rang, it is now 1130pm it was the spa advising us that they couldn't change our time for massages in the morning - that's great but we didn't even book massages. Husband hops back into jacuzzi and phone rings again...it is now someone from the restaurant saying they need a credit card in order for our room service, they are not able to complete the nightly cash out and were told we would need to take a credit card to the front desk ASAP...lets not forget that it's now 1145pm....so much for a relaxing evening. Husband gets to the front desk with his credit card and the agent working has no idea why he is there with it and starts to call around to figure it out. No one seems to have any answer so he takes a $100 authorization so we can move on with our night.

Needless to say the very 1st night away from our baby girl turn out to be so not relaxing like we had hoped.

I have worked in the travel and tourism industry and would have expected more from a hotel that draws so many tourists every year. Customer service desperately needs work and some renos would be nice.

Forgot to mention the tv was like watching an episode of the blue man group!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robin T
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I am in Moosejaw on business and this is my second stay at this hotel.

The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. I have table and a desk in my room which is very unusal for any hotel. The room service is very quick and the food tastes great.

Will stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank sjcan8119
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Staff were happy and kind! Excellent parking, although a little confusing at check in. Nice enough lobby. Access to elevators a little confusing. (who was the architect?) hallways to rooms were narrow and worn down. Rooms were clean, beds fine, linen was good. I was with great people and that's what made my stay a 9. Without my friends my stay would be a 8.

Room Tip: Stay on 4 to be close to the back entrance to pool and shortcut to spa. But it's a bit warm up t...