My husband and I made the much awaited and anticipated trek to the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort. Upon entering the lobby we got a feeling of relaxation coming on. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got. We were looking forward to getting to our room and unpacking and starting our relaxing weekend. We arrived on Friday night and paid a completely unwarranted 296.00 for a jacuzzi room for one night. When we entered our room, all I could think was "are you kidding me?" I even went back to the front desk to ask if we had been given the wrong room or something for what we had paid. We were determined to have a good weekend despite the fact that the room was very VERY plain. We made our way down to the lounge for a drink and some dinner and found it to have absolutely no ambiance of a lounge whatsoever considering the name is Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort! We went on to visit the pool and while it was lovely warm, it was just like any other indoor pool...again without any design or ambiance of a Spa with Mineral Healing Waters.
I was disappointed to find that we were paying so much for a place that any average Joe walking off the street in sweat pants could come and visit. Yes, I saw much of that. There was nothing exclusive to the guests of the hotel in any regard whatsoever. While at the restaurant of which we only ate once...we did notice that the employees were friendly and eager despite not having much to work with. I guess we expected a place that felt relaxing and welcoming with nice, quiet areas to sit and visit and relax that were a testament to the name of the place. Nice music...plants...trees...something...anything.
I did find the staff, aside from the front desk staff to be quite accommodating and friendly. Maybe the front desk staff are just tired of dealing with constant complaints and find it hard to be upbeat. Unfortunately in closing, the hotel does not do the name any justice whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in historic downtown Moose Jaw, Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa is the ultimate Saskatchewan escape. Come for a soak in Canada's largest therapeutic geothermal mineral water pool. The naturally warm waters in this indoor/outdoor rooftop pool are pure relaxation for weary muscles and sore joints. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Gardens Mineral Hotel Moose Jaw
- Temple Gardens Mineral Spa
- Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan