“From AWESOME to sliding downhill......”
Review of Kergano's - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Moose Jaw, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From AWESOME to sliding downhill......”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved this restaurant! I went there several times in the first year and a half with different dinner guests and it was always fantastic. In fact, I would say it was the best food I have ever tasted and all of my friends agreed!
However, things have changed so much since he brought in the music. I love music and love having music played during dinner.....but not to the point where we could not even talk to one another, never mind the waitress. We couldn't hear a thing it was sooooo loud!!! It was only one guy playing too! When we asked the waitress if they could turn it down just a bit, we had to repeat our question four times! She couldn't hear us and when she did, she suggested that maybe we would just like a drink then. I was offended. We then looked at the menu and tried to ask her about a couple of things and she rudely said "we are out of this and out of that"......it was almost as if she was trying to get rid of us.
The view we had when we walked in was this: about 5 or 6 young people/teens standing behind the bar, some dirty grubby kid standing in the back leaning on the prep table in the kitchen and a couple of other guys goofing off behind him. It looked so tacky and unprofessional! The owner was nowhere to be seen. Sad.
We finished our drinks and when I went to pay for them with a $20 bill, they didn't have any change. The waitress went through a bunch of purses that were strewn behind the bar on the floor, couldn't find any change, she then went and asked customers for change! It just seemed like a cheap dive and I HAD NEVER experienced this before. I have sent so many people to this restaurant bc of the phenomenol food and now I feel embarrassed that I did.
I have shared this experience with my colleagues and was surprised to hear that many of them had the exact same experience!

The moral of this story is that if you do not see the owner in the kitchen or out front, you should not expect a good meal, service, or professionalism! I have a friend from out of town who has wanted to go there so badly and I am afraid to take him there now when a year ago, I had people driving from out of town just to go there. I even had friends drive in from REgina to try this cool restaurant I had been pushing them to try and when they got there, they were told that they had something going on in the restaurant and that they wouldn't be able to serve them. They have never been back.

Please, please, please Kergano's, get back to the old you!!!!! WE loved it then!

• Visited March 2013

Burlington
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited on the strength of a local recommendation. Scanned the menu and walked out. The time is long gone when you can open a funky side-street restaurant with imaginative but limited menu offerings and charge wild prices for the few patrons who stumble in.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tosh2
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Unique menu, great entertainment and food is very good. Try to go for the first seating as the daily specials run out fast.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kelly M
Saskatoon, Canada
“SHUT DOWN for Health Code Violations”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went to Kergano's in MooseJaw on May 31st, 2013 with a group of friends to re-evaluate their food after my visit when they first opened and was not too surprised to see this restaurant was CLOSED,
SHUT DOWN for Health Inspection Violations. Kergano's owners had been issued warnings, were given time to fix them but did not bother to fix the issues and was shut down May 31, 2013.
Their attitude about this is what is most disturbing. They actually have tried blaming the City for this and have been quoted as saying 'City shut us down for being TOO COOL'
This is not a laughing matter nor something to be blamed on anyone other than themselves.
They did have half decent food when they first opened, however service was extremely slow and food was pricy for what you get but l thought l would wait until they got past the just opened stage and retry them.
After driving quite a distance on May 31st to give Kergano's another try only to find them closed for Health Code Violations... I won't be back and l DO NOT RECOMMEND Kergano's in MooseJaw.

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank rate_u_2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average and expensive food but great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

For Moose Jaw it is one of the few unique and different places to eat. The food has been good sometimes but mostly average. Expensive for the food quality.

• Visited March 2013