“Pay the extra go to the best western”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Saskatchewan
“Pay the extra go to the best western”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Awful doesnt even explain this place! Pictures on the Internet aren't what you are getting. The price you pay for old rooms is ridiculous and the restaurant is to say the least not as wonderful as they portray. Hot tub wasn't working an there are no modernized rooms that we saw, they all ha old carpet, furnishings and stunk with cigarettes.. Management was to busy with other functions to deal with our concerns and the front desk women didn't have a care in the world. They wouldn't even call around for other hotels for customers that came in and couldn't get them a room now that's not customer service sorry to say . Would never ever come back or recommend this place it's not worth the rate for what you get

• Stayed September 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to read your post and take these comments very seriously. Please do accept my apology for any inconvenience that you experienced. My Staff and I are there for your comfort and to provide assistance when something is not to your satisfaction and I am sorry that your needs were not met.
I have shared your review with all my Staff to ensure any shortfalls in customer service are corrected.
We have been a 100% non smoking facility for several years and do our best to monitor our guests. We are sorry that the inconsideration of others caused you discomfort.
Our Hot Tub motor seized and the new one was ordered immediately. It was repaired quickly but unfortunately this coincided with your stay.
We have recently renovated a number of our guest rooms and additional rooms are scheduled in the near future.
I understand your disappointment and do hope that if you choose to stay in the area again, that you might contact me directly so that I can show you the service that you deserve.

Thanks you
Darlene Geib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Prince Albert, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I don't feel like the price was right for what we got. Specially their restaurant was almost a disaster .we had to wait at least 45 min in total and at the end we got burned rye toast and cold bacon for our poor free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was distressing to see that you did not find value in your stay with us and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback and I have shared your comments with my Staff.
Our complimentary breakfast is offered as a fast, convenient and satisfying way to start your day and I apologize for the quality and delay of your meal. I assure you this is a favorite service of many returning guests and your experience was not the standard we keep.
I do hope you will allow us another chance to welcome you and show you the customer service and quality that you expect and that the Staff and I aim to provide.

Sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Moose Jaw hotels

Humboldt, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

It is a safe bet for a hotel. It was nice but did not seem overly impressive. Rooms were comfortable and staff was nice. There was a restaurant attached to the building. Nothing wrong with the hotel at all.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fordsask24
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your past stay. I was glad to see that overall your stay was in comfort and the services you received met your expectations. We are committed to our guest comfort by consistently upgrading and improving our services and we have several renovations planned.
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Moose Jaw and see the improvements we have made.
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked online to stay at this hotel as we were travelling to Moose Jaw to attend a wedding (reception held at this hotel). We booked premiere king room and upon check in we were advised we weren't placed with the rest of the wedding guests. I confirmed that wasn't a problem as we wanted a bigger room. She noted the room isn't bigger, just the bed and I said OK although at $150./night I thought it was actually a bigger room we were getting.
We entered the room and noticed there was no fridge ; I went to the front desk to inquire as I thought the rooms had fridges and the staff noted I had booked online and not requested a fridge (I have never had to request one before) . They moved us to the room next door, which did have a fridge. The A/C wasn't working but I didn't want to go back to the desk again and lol find I had to ask for A/C. If you stay here, probably a good idea to actually phone the hotel as they seemed to differentiate between online and direct bookings and don't forget to request a fridge if you like to have cold beverages . It is a mixed review as staff did accommodate our requests but for a premiere room to not have working A/C in the room (hallways were nice and cool) and a fridge was new to me.

Room Tip: Wifi is apparently only available in some rooms (other guests didn't have access in their rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review regarding your past
stay at the Heritage Inn. This customer feedback is valued and provides us
with an opportunity to gauge our strengths along with the areas where
improvement is needed.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your reservation.
The majority of our rooms are equipped with fridge and microwaves and we are in the process of supplying them to all rooms.

I have gone over the concerns regarding the A/C unit and the Wifi with our
maintenance team to ensure that all is operating properly.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly and I will
ensure that your needs are met.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment and we do hope to have you
back as our guest in the future.

Yours truly,

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were in Moose Jaw for a wedding that started at 2pm. Originally booked at the Days Inn but after telling us we could check in early, when we arrived we couldn't. We came here explained our situation and the girl at the front desk got us in immediately and at a lower rate! Even the housekeeping staff went out of their way and dried my shirt so we made the wedding on time.
Nice rooms, Staff that truly work for the best of the customers.

Room Tip: Good location near main highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am always very interested to know how our guests perceive our hotel.

I was glad to read your notes on how the staff was accommodating to your needs. I will be sharing these comments with both the front desk and housekeeping staff. I know they will be very appreciative to know their extra efforts are recognized. Our aim is always to strive for excellent customer satisfaction through great service and great products.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Cranbrook
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually reserve ahead and read reviews but on this poccasion I didn't.Plenty of stuff going on in this town that weekend and this place was just about my last option. Upon entering the lobby I was impressed with the look and feel of the hotel,so decided to stay. Upon checking in it was quite obvious that the upgrdes only applied to the lobby area.As in many reviews I would have seen if I had taken the time to look up, the room I was in, was in serious need of attention. It hada musty smell and the bathroom was quite degraded. The shower pressure was so strong it felt like pins coming out of the head,and was so corroded it could no longer be adjusted.The bed was quite soft, OK for some, and the a/c could really use upgrade also. This room ,without breakfast of any kind in the morning was up in the $140.00 range., half that would have been closer to fair in my opinion. On a positive note ,the desk staff were nice and the resturant was OK .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CranbrookFilby
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always our intention to offer our guests a comfortable stay at a reasonable cost and I am sorry that you were not satisfied. I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to respond.

We are in the process of upgrading our hotel including the common areas and the guest rooms. Several rooms have been completed with more upgrades underway. It is still our intention to offer comfort and convenience during this process and I have asked maintenance and housekeeping to respond to your room concerns. Once again, I am sorry for any discomfort you experienced.

I will be sure to pass along your positive comment regarding the Front Desk Staff and I am glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy the convenience of our on site restaurant.

Should you find yourself in our area again, I would ask you to contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while traveling to visit my parents. I had stayed here a couple of years ago, and though some areas needed to be improved my stay was good overall. However, this stay wasn't as good as the one before. My room was okay, though it could use some upgrades in the bathroom. The thermostat is pretty outdated and really did not control the temperature in my room. The hotel has digital TV, however, the TV itself is quite old (still has a picture tube) and needed to be manually turned on (could not use the remote for this). The hotel states that there is wireless internet, but I could not get a signal in my room. The one saving grace was the bed, which was very comfortable and provided a very good sleep. Room service was okay and the food good. The pool was okay, but the hot tub was only luke warm. Apparently someone had shut off the heater. Parking was free, which is always a bonus. I was a bit disappointed this time around since I have had good experiences in the past with this hotel. I am hoping that they will make some changes since I have enjoyed my stays at the past. I would still recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced place to stay while in Moose Jaw.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are not wheelchair accessible as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank PsychRN12
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your past patronage and that you took the time to share your comments with us. It is always helpful when I have an opportunity to address guest concerns and make corrections and changes where necessary.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. We are upgrading rooms and common areas including TV’s and furnishings.
I have had our maintenance department look into the issue with your room thermostat and am also investigating your WIFI issues. I have not had reports of other problems so I appreciate the feedback.
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the new bed and had an opportunity to enjoy some food.
I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of Premiere rooms on your next visit to our area. Please contact me at the time of booking.