“feeling a bit decieved”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually reserve ahead and read reviews but on this poccasion I didn't.Plenty of stuff going on in this town that weekend and this place was just about my last option. Upon entering the lobby I was impressed with the look and feel of the hotel,so decided to stay. Upon checking in it was quite obvious that the upgrdes only applied to the lobby area.As in many reviews I would have seen if I had taken the time to look up, the room I was in, was in serious need of attention. It hada musty smell and the bathroom was quite degraded. The shower pressure was so strong it felt like pins coming out of the head,and was so corroded it could no longer be adjusted.The bed was quite soft, OK for some, and the a/c could really use upgrade also. This room ,without breakfast of any kind in the morning was up in the $140.00 range., half that would have been closer to fair in my opinion. On a positive note ,the desk staff were nice and the resturant was OK .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CranbrookFilby
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is always our intention to offer our guests a comfortable stay at a reasonable cost and I am sorry that you were not satisfied. I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to respond.

We are in the process of upgrading our hotel including the common areas and the guest rooms. Several rooms have been completed with more upgrades underway. It is still our intention to offer comfort and convenience during this process and I have asked maintenance and housekeeping to respond to your room concerns. Once again, I am sorry for any discomfort you experienced.

I will be sure to pass along your positive comment regarding the Front Desk Staff and I am glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy the convenience of our on site restaurant.

Should you find yourself in our area again, I would ask you to contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while traveling to visit my parents. I had stayed here a couple of years ago, and though some areas needed to be improved my stay was good overall. However, this stay wasn't as good as the one before. My room was okay, though it could use some upgrades in the bathroom. The thermostat is pretty outdated and really did not control the temperature in my room. The hotel has digital TV, however, the TV itself is quite old (still has a picture tube) and needed to be manually turned on (could not use the remote for this). The hotel states that there is wireless internet, but I could not get a signal in my room. The one saving grace was the bed, which was very comfortable and provided a very good sleep. Room service was okay and the food good. The pool was okay, but the hot tub was only luke warm. Apparently someone had shut off the heater. Parking was free, which is always a bonus. I was a bit disappointed this time around since I have had good experiences in the past with this hotel. I am hoping that they will make some changes since I have enjoyed my stays at the past. I would still recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced place to stay while in Moose Jaw.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are not wheelchair accessible as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PsychRN12

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your past patronage and that you took the time to share your comments with us. It is always helpful when I have an opportunity to address guest concerns and make corrections and changes where necessary.
I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. We are upgrading rooms and common areas including TV’s and furnishings.
I have had our maintenance department look into the issue with your room thermostat and am also investigating your WIFI issues. I have not had reports of other problems so I appreciate the feedback.
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the new bed and had an opportunity to enjoy some food.
I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of Premiere rooms on your next visit to our area. Please contact me at the time of booking.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found this hotel on PETSCANSTAY, as we travel with a dog. The staff were extremely friendly, and happy working there. The room was clean, fresh and comfortable right down to the pillows.
The free hot breakfast was tasty and came still quite warm. We didn't get to try out the pool but it was very inviting, so, next time!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WendyD688
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your most recent stay with us. I am always interested to know how guests perceive our amenities and services. Our hotel here in Moose Jaw, along with all of the other Heritage Inn’s in Alberta and B.C., are committed to the PETSCANSTAY program and will continue to support this program in the future.

Your positive comments about the service and products you received have been well noted and shared with the staff. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on this as well.

We will look forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit to any of our 8 locations.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check in couldn't find my reservation... Lucky I printed off my confirmation.
Rooms need upgrading. Couldn't make a long distance call. So I called the front desk and they weren't very helpful so I used my cell phone. The beds weren't that great to sleep on.
The food in the resturant was so-so. Hash browns were gross.
Check out the girl was not friendly at all.
Would never stay here again. Over priced!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marg K
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest

I was upset to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you encountered and would like to assure you that this is not the norm. It is our goal to offer our guests a pleasant and comfortable stay and I am personally following up with each department associated with your review to see where things went wrong.
I am currently in the process of doing room upgrades including our beds. At this time approximately 90% of the beds have been upgraded to pillow top mattresses and I am sorry that your room was not yet completed.
I would appreciate the opportunity to show you these changes and the customer service you deserve. Should you find yourself, once again, in the area, please contact me directly so that I may provide you with a complimentary upgrade.

Darlene Geib – General Manager
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre – Moose Jaw

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We attended a sports event and stayed in this hotel. The hotel was one of the the sponsors of the event. The sign out front said free breakfast but we were denied because we were with a "Sports Team" and they said that the breakfast wasn't available when we booked even though the rate was exactly the same. The tournament held a function for all the teams at the Silo which is the bar in the hotel but many of the teams did not receive any food because they ran out, not what you would expect from a hotel that deems itself a Convention Center prepared for large events.
The rooms are old and dated and two of the rooms had damp carpeting. When the manager came to inspect them he said he didn't see a problem.
The WiFi was intermittent at best which is a recurring problem that they haven't adressed based on the other reviews.
The food at the restaurant was adequate, we had the pasta buffet and the roast beef buffet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Euro08
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible by exceeding your expectations.

Regarding your concern about the room rate, the organizing committee for this sporting event reviewed our various rate structures. Taking into consideration that this group would mainly require rooms accommodating 3 to 4 people, the organizing committee determined that a flat rate per room (based on single, double, triple or quad occupancy) was the best value for the group. The Juicy Summer Special rate is based on double occupancy including breakfast; however, additional charges would apply for extra persons and added breakfasts which would exceed the rate that was provided for your group.

In speaking with the staff, the food for your event was continuously replenished throughout the evening and there was food still available at the buffet line at the end of the evening. I truly do apologize if you were in between the times of replenishing.

We recently upgraded our WiFi service, which has been well received, however we are certainly going to investigate your concerns further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are continuously doing upgrades and renovations to the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction.

Should you have an opportunity to visit Moose Jaw in the future, I would like to welcome you back, so please contact me directly and I will ensure that your stay will be in comfort.

Please know that your experience is not the standards to which we strive to maintain.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre – Moose Jaw

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were in town to visit a relative in hospital. We went to the Heritage Inn for supper and we were really happy with the meal. Really good food for a decent price. Salad bar was only an extra $1.50 ... well worth the price. We were looking for a place to stay as well so we inquired about a room. They had a summer special at a really good rate so we booked in. The rooms were very clean and well kept. Lots of room and good beds. I thought the hotel was in excellent condition especially considering that it is a somewhat older hotel. Kudos to the maintenance person! Free wifi was another bonus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Billy527
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review regarding your past stay here at the Heritage Inn. This customer feedback is valued and provides us with an opportunity to gauge our strengths along with the areas where improvement is needed.
I am happy to hear your overall experience was good, from the quality of food you received, to the value and comfort of your room. I will certainly pass these comments on to the staff and management.
I do have an ongoing renovation program in place in order to provide consistent quality and comfort to our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels once again bring you back to Moose Jaw.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while travelling through, and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast and efficient, with friendly and helpful front desk staff. Room was on the ground floor, with King size bed. Comfortable and clean, a good size, although slightly dated. A little dissapointed at the hot tub, which was a basic "household" spa, and a rather small but clean pool. Not the best by far, but still very welcome after driving all day. In general this Inn showes it's age, and needs updating, but we would stay there again. A little overpriced for the overall quality.

Room Tip: We had an outside room, which was good, but don't think we would like one overlooking the indoor...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us the last time you visited Moose Jaw. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your past stay.

Overall it looks like your stay was enjoyable and I have ensured that your comments have been passed forth to the staff and management of the hotel. The Heritage Inn has been in business now for over 30 years and we are committed to providing value along with great service.
I am aware that some areas of the hotel are ready for an upgrade and have an ongoing renovation program in place.

I will be reviewing further, with our management, your comments about the hot tub.

I thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Moose Jaw.

Yours truly,