Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Thriftlodge Moose Jaw(Moose Jaw)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Breakfast included
$94
$74
Super 8 Moose Jaw SK(Moose Jaw)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Pool
$78
$67
TripAdvisor
Grant Hall Hotel(Moose Jaw)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsslept soundlyhot tub and poolroom was cleanstay there againchecking inwe've stayedking room
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was in town for business and was booked there. My first night's room, (yes I had to move), was in the original part of the hotel. It was very musty smelling and felt claustrophobic due to the low ceiling in the entry way. I also had requested a frig and there wasn't one. The next night's room, while light and airy came with other occupants! BUGS! Some form of beetle that was not only in my room but in my bed as well! The front desk clerk was casual about this and said they spray 3-4 times a week! The third room was the same with bugs as well. The bathroom had paint peeling from the walls and ceiling. Since there was poor ventilation, after a shower, the room felt damp till the AC was put on. The pool area was drained and off limits; this during high summer temperatures.

Room Tip: The room's cleanliness was minimal. There was hair in the bathroom and dirt along the edges.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank disappointed113
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear disappointed113,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay. We certainly appreciate feedback on our hotel.
I would like to apologize to you on the distress that was caused; we are always in the process of updating our guest rooms and public areas to ensure guest satisfaction.
With the direct problem of the water beetles, being that we are close to the golf courses, they seem to migrate to light. We certainly maintain this situation, along with other businesses and residential properties in the area.
It is a small time period that we are faced with this situation.
In regards to your direct concern with your request for a fridge not being fulfilled, I have spoken to front line staff explaining the importance of ensuring guests' needs are met.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded.

Once again, thank you for your comments

Sincerely

Darlene Geib – General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our major complaint was pricing but I suppose when there is demand, hotels can charge what they wish - this is a major reason why we travel stateside as rooms are half the price of Canadian hotels of similar quality. However, the one problem we ran into was a TV that would not work (modem problem). When mentioned at the desk, we received instructions on how to fix the problem. We shouldn't have to be the technicians for the hotel! Also, we had to call for a change of towels even though we had vacated the room for four hours when this should have been done.
To Heritage' credit, the very pleasant desk clerck refunde forty dollars for our inconvenience - which we appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear AIKEriksdale,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay, we certainly appreciate your comments.
I would like to apologize for the issues you faced in your guest room. We are currently upgrading all of our modems from Analog to Digital which may have caused the modem issue in your room.
I certainly agree with you that it was not your responsibility to have to trouble shoot the problems you experienced.
In regards to the services of your towels, once again this certainly was on overlook on behalf of the hotel that will be addressed.

I am grateful to hear that the front desk agent took your concerns seriously and offered a discount.

Upon you next visit to Moose Jaw, feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that your visit is problem free.

Sincerely

General Manager – Heritage Inn

Reviewed August 14, 2011

THE ROOMS DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE WEBSITE.
We were there for the funeral of a 17 month old boy. The grieving parents wanted us to stay at this hotel because they are so lovely that they wanted to pay for it as part of healing for them...
To start when we reserved, we were quoted the wrong rate. When we asked about the different rate that we were signing for neither the front desk person we originally talked to, nor the manager could explain in a way that made sense why the rate was different. First it was said that each additional person was $10. So, 101 at 2 people plus 2 additional people would be $121, but we were charged $131 plus tax & fees of course. Then we asked to speak to the manager who didn't even want to get off of the computer to come out and speak to us. Once she was willing to grace us with her presence (yes that is how she made it seem) she said the additional people were $20 each after the 101... Well, that would be $141. We were fine with the charges if they made sense, because most hotels do this, but the math did not line up. They didn't quite get that and she was so rude to us. She is obviously in the wrong industry.
We were told that the additional charge was for the supplies placed in the room. The room was not set up for 4 people. NOT A THING was set up for more than 2 people. This was a reservation made for 4, it should have been set up - especially if that's the reason for the extra charges.
The headboard on one of the beds was hanging off of the wall. There was a mars bar wrapper sitting by the bed. The room smelled old and damp.
We were also not warned about the construction that started at 7am the next morning.
When we originally booked the room, we were just told to say that we were a part of the funeral. We thought we would be paying for our own room, which is why we were so quick to switch hotels to the Super 8 who were actually quite helpful and even showed us a room before completing our reservation. But, then we found out that our friends would be quite upset if we didn't let them pay. When my sister tried to explain this to the same manager, she was met with a horrible attitude yet again.
We would never stay at this hotel again unless we absolutely had to. It's a good thing for them Moose Jaw only has a few hotels.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a hike, once the construction is over, the rooms in the back on the golf course will be quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Brittney R
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Brittany R,

First of all, the Heritage Inn management and staff would like to extend our deepest sympathies to your family for your loss. We regret to hear your disappointment with our hotel during this already difficult time. With regard to the incorrect rate given, you are correct, it should have been quoted as $141. That was a mistake on our part and rather than add the additional $10 to $131, we kept it the same. Upon the original reservations that were made, the rates were given on single and double occupancy.
I have spoken directly with all departments on your concerns to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We are sorry that you did not receive our normally high level of customer service. If you choose to give us another chance during your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly to book your stay so I can ensure your comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for your comments.

General Manager - Heritage Inn Moose Jaw

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel is very expensive for what you get: paint peeling off the walls, bathroom not stocked with enough of anything, restaurant not good (in fact I had someone come up to me in the restaurant and tell me what to stay away from as it had made them very sick), and finally digging up the parking lot directly outside our window before 7am and when I told the front desk all they said was "yup we know"...no offer of even a 10% discount for the bother. If you're going to Moose Jaw my suggestion is to stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Synchorswim

Dear Synchorswim,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay. We certainly appreciate feedback on our hotel and services that we offer.
We are currently doing constant upgrades to our hotel, internally, as well on the exterior. We direct the staff to inform all guests of the construction areas and I apologize that you were not directly informed upon check in. We also apologize that you did not receive our normally high level of customer service upon check out.
In regard to the guest room that you stayed in, we have done a compete inspection of the room to bring it to the standards that it should be at.
I will certainly discuss the concerns you have addressed with Seasons Cafe. We take pride in the food and service in our restaurant and would like to continue to excel in these areas.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded to one of our newly renovated rooms, as well you will receive a discount on food services at Seasons Café.

Once again, thank you for your comments

Darlene Geib - General Manager, Heritage Inn Moose Jaw

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when first entering my room at the Heritage. The furnishings have been updated and it was clean. The bathroom seemed a little run-down and appeared older, but was clean also. The cleaning and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We ate in the lounge twice and were impressed with the variety and quality of food. The only negative I would mention is that the window in our room faced the indoor pool, and did not open. After a couple showers and the blow dryer going, our room could get pretty stuffy at times. The rooms that face the outside do open, and we would request one of those next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Teadro
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Dear Teadro,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay. All comments are taken seriously and every effort is made to ensure each comment is dealt with accordingly. I will ensure that our staff are aware of the positive feedback. In regards to your comment about your guest room window, I welcome you to phone me directly the next time you are visiting Moose Jaw and I will personally ensure that you are placed in a room that suits your needs. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

General Manager - Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre