“Gem on the hill”

Wakamow Heights Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Moose Jaw B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband & I spent 3 nights at this nice B&B. John & Lois greeted us upon arrival. Lois gave us a tour of the house. We were pleasantly pleased with our room - Terrace Suite. So nice to have the balcony and made use of it several times. Gladys provided us with history of the house. My husband & I grew up in Moose Jaw and for the past 5 years of visiting my parents we have stayed in a hotel...no more, we will be returning here for sure. Breakfasts were scrumptious...did not need lunch there was so much. I also learned Gladys taught my mom and John had worked at the same place as my dad. Our only regret is...we don't own Wakamow Heights Bed and Breakfast. Kudos to you Lois & John.

Room Tip: Terrace Suite for the views and sunsets.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brenda and Jim N
There are newer reviews for Wakamow Heights Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the Executive Suite. We really liked the access to the second floor deck, and the private bathroom (though a venting fan and a couple more inches of room beside the toilet would have been nice). The jacuzzi tub was nice although it took a long time to fill, and not all of the jets seemed to be working.

The only real complaint was the space under our room's door - we had to put our bag in front of the door at night, both to keep sounds in, and light out.

The breakfasts were fine, and Lois' mom, Gladys, had interesting stories to tell, as we waited to eat. They were accommodating as to what time we'd like to eat, depending on what we had going, on any given day.

All in all, I'd recommend this B&B as a quiet spot at the end of a long day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sipme
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight or our first anniversary. John and Lois were very welcoming, but were also sensitive to giving us our "space". They have been lovingly restoring the home, running the B and B for several years. Although there is still work to be done, there is a spirit about the place that is very lovely.

We stayed in the Executive Suite. The bedding and decor was lovely. We did not use the satellite TV or DVD, but it was nice to have the option. The oversized clawfooted jacuzzi tub takes some time to fill but is very worth it, or, conveniently, there is also a walk-in shower. You do get a sense of the "old world" with modern convenience, and the breakfast, ongoing refreshments and hosts demonstrate prairie hospitality at it's best.

Suggestion: If you are a light sleeper, request a room on the top floor, and/or be sure to bring earplugs. Hardwood floors and a heritage house does equal traveling noise, particularly overhead.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank OceanEyes73
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Never thought of Moose Jaw as a place to visit but I was wrong. This B&B improved the experience, a heritage type house with lovely grounds and view. The ladies running the place are truly delightful. Large room with poster bed and big screen TV would have stayed longer. Breakfast was very pleasant and they had just made pie (for later) but got us to taste it. Some people we met there had been multiple times, we would certainly go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CliveMacgregor
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at Wakamow Heights B & B twice now, the first time with my husband and the second time with my Mom. Both times were a great experience. John and Lois were extremely friendly and welcoming and made us feel very comforable. I stayed in the terrace suite the first time and the penthouse the second time. They are both beautifully decorated with antique decor and they have nice big flat screen TV's, jacuzzi tubs and private bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast the next day was delicious. I would definitely recommend this B & B to anyone going to Moose Jaw. You cannot get this kind of service at any hotel, especially for the price! Great stay! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Brigitte T
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This B & B is such a wonderful place to stay. John and Lois are terrific hosts - really make you feel at home. The suite we stayed in was spacious, clean and comfortable. Had a claw foot jacuzzi which was wonderful after a long day of traveling! Its great to have a private bath in a B & B! The breakfast was superb. The house is located on top of a hill; nice view and a brief walk will take you down to a nice park by the river. Overall Wakamow Heights B & B exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HarleysMa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B and were pleasently surprised. The owners were super friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious and the food was delicious. Yes, the shower bathroom area was small, but at least there is an ensuite rather than the need to share, and the room also had a two person crawl foot jaccuzi tub (which was absolute heaven!). We would definitely recommend this place to friends. My husband also really enjoyed the free cookies that were available anytime of day :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business