“We adored this quaint, magnificent place!”

Wakamow Heights Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Moose Jaw B&B and Inns
toronto
“We adored this quaint, magnificent place!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

As a very seasoned traveler, I am absolutely delighted with this gorgeous and quaint Victorian mansion! It is truly a unique experience, both within and without. I managed to get a last minute booking, but w was placed in the "Penthouse Suite", which is not only very ornately decorated in with shiny brass beds, but it also has all the modern conveniences, even a jakuzzi! The host and hostess are friendly, accommodating and most welcoming. If you stay here, you will definitely feel as much at home as eating apple pie and French vanilla ice cream. I plan to book the same suite whenever visiting in lovely Moose Jaw.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Toronto44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I needed a place to spend the night during our move across the country. It was a reasonable price and we had an enjoyable stay. The room was clean, cozy, and very comfortable. The rate included breakfast, but because we had to leave early and could not join the other guests that were scheduled for breakfast, the owner took $15 off. The only thing I wasn't the most impressed with was that they could have been a bit more accommodating at providing breakfast when we wanted it, which was earlier. She offered us a few options of when she was making breakfast for other guests and this did not fit within our schedule, as we needed to be on the road real early. Otherwise, it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelfan_12372
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was my first time staying in a B&B as I normally prefer the anonymity of a hotel however I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were nice and great value for money (I did get a free upgrade due to the room that I booked being renovated). Breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirsty W
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed here during a very cold weekend, and found the hospitality and accommodations to be very warm and inviting. We a one-year-old and were pleased to have such a welcoming environment for her. The hosts were very congenial and a kind.

The breakfasts were great, the rooms were warm even on the coldest nights, and quite elegant. There were unique touches like tea and hot chocolate with kettles and coffee makers in each room, and microwave popcorn, books and films available for guests.

The location is also worth noting. This b&b sits on top of a hill that overlooks the town, and is near a stream where's there's skating and cross country skiing in the winter and canoeing (there are canoes for rent) and picnicking in the summer. The yard around this beautiful historic building look beautiful even in the Winter. Cantinagibe it's beauty in the summer!

Make your stay in Moosejaw an experience to remember - stay at Wakamow Heights Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Tuleggett
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I would recommend the Wakamow Heights BandB to anyone of my friends. I am sure that they will be greated with the same kind and generous hospitality that my wife and I recieved for our 8th anniversary. John's work on making this beautiful early 1900's gem of a house into a work of historical art. Well done!!! It's amazing the passion that I could see in them for keeping the culture alive from that era. ...If you are reading this and you are looking for a place to get away and be treated like a King or Queen - this B and B is it. Lynn and when left we talked about how the place had a nice energy about it. Worth the experiance. The rooms were very clean with decorative antique furnature, and the breakfast was delicious. We can't wait to book our next stay. Thanks John and Lois.
Curtis M.
Saskatoon Sk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CurtisRM
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This bed in breakfast is a wonderful find in the town of Moose Jaw. I have stayed at this B&B on numerous occasions and would recommend it to anyone! Great for a romantic getaway or a weekend retreat for family and friends. John and Louis make their guests feel at home and provide excellent service and delicious breakfasts. The house has great character and provides a much more relaxing and interesting stay than the standard hotels in Moose Jaw. Overall a MUST STAY!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sat318
Melfort, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Staying at Wakamow Heights in Moose Jaw is always enjoyable. The owners a so very friendly, and the place is so well kept. The beds are comfortable, I slept very well. I love the shower in my room, it was exceptionally big! Wakamow Heights is located on top of a hill, its very quiet and peaceful. Oh, and the jet tub feels soo good! I had breakfast at nine a.m, and it was delicious. We had eggs benadict. I recommend Wakamow Heights for anyone who likes a peaceful, relaxing place. Everytime I go to Moose Jaw, my first pick is Wakamow Heights, I am always pleased.

• Stayed November 2010