“Best sanctuary.”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best sanctuary.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wonderful place to visit. Huge place. People come from all over to see this sanctuary from all over Canada to all over the United States. Miracle have been performed here.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Photographer_9

Burlington VT. USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A wonderful spot for all ................”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Built on the land of Mary, this sanctuary is quite inviting. Our Lady of the Cape Shrine is a unique place. A visit here is encouraged. I visit every time I am in the area.

This place is supported by donation so please .............

Visited March 2012
2 Thank JonNormandin
Nicolet, Québec
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“all year long”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

beautiful, quiet, neat.Nice path to walk through. Cafeteria, souvenirs.

1 Thank Melodie55
Maine
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A beautiful place to get in touch with one's spirituality in a materialistic world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have been coming to this lovely sanctuary on a yearly basis for over twenty years. Some years I come multiple times. This is a place to leave my cares behind and spend a couple days in prayer and relflection. I always meet people, speaking varying languages, from throughout Canada, United States and beyond. This French shrine is devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary and is a place of beauty. The modern church dwarfs the older sanctuary where the sacred statue of Notre Dame du Cap is situated. Outside the small shrine are gardens of maple trees and flowers where one will find monuments to the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, the Stations of the Cross, and the Rosary Bridge built with stones hauled over a miraculous ice bridge on the St. Lawrence River in 1879. During pilgrimage season the highlight of many is partaking in the candlelight procession at dusk that winds through the gardens and around Our Lady's Lake. The tall maple trees are lit with holiday lights throughout the year. I have written another review in Tripadvisor on the Madona Hotel that is siuated onsite for pilgrims. I look forward to coming here as often as I can since it is just a five hour drive from my home in the U.S. The sanctuary is situated halfway between Quebec City and Montreal.

Visited June 2011