“Pleasant place to stay”

Auberge Maison Gagne
Ranked #1 of 19 Tadoussac B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2011

On the main road down to the ferry and across it from the rest of the town, but still quiet. Friendly and pleasant. Decent room. Incredibly varied breakfast. A bit strange to call it an auberge when it doesn't provide dinner, but that wasn't a problem.
We had booked through Inntravel on a self-drive holiday through Quebec, so we aren't sure about the prices of individual lodgings.

1  Thank 60sAussiecouple

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights, first in 11 - A small separate house in the back that was so romantic and lovely. It has an electric fireplace, bar fridge and microwave. Cozy and charming. The innkeeper and her staff were all delightful. We were able to stay over if we changed rooms and did to the one under the dining area. It was very large, and was also lovely. Breakfasts were awesome too!
We had a great time and would recommend dinner buffet at the Hotel Tadoussac. The food was exceptional and very high quality, even with a cheese bar to end our meal!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I spent three nights here on our recent trip to Quebec. Maison Gagne has a great location, quiet rooms, wonderful staff, delicious breakfast. Who could ask for more?

Room Tip: Having seen some complaints about truck noise, we asked for a quiet room, and ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I often travel on the Quebec North Shore and I found a quiet, charming place to stay to break the trip in two. The owner of this B&B, Claire, is professional, kind and always smiling. Even when tourism season in closed, she opened her B&B, just a few minutes before I decided to stop at her place. Each room is different from the others, well decorated and charming. This place is also very, very clean. One of my pleasure is in the morning, when I take the delicious breakfast in the sunny diner room with a view on Saguenay and St-Laurent River.

Room Tip: In the summer, ask for "The Pavilion" or the Yellow Room.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife & I (we are from just south of Boston) just returned from a trip to Eastern Quebec and had booked two nights here at the Auberge Maison Gagne. From start to finish, our stay here was nothing but delightful.

The room was clean and decorated nicely, the bathroom was spotless and up to date. The common areas and dining room were very welcoming, and the breakfast, which is different each day, was quite nice.

I have seen some comments about road noise. To be honest, we had a room on the backside but did sleep with the windows open and didn't have any issues.

Finally, Claire and her staff were very welcoming & hospitable. You can tell that they take allot of pride in how this establishment is run. As far as we're concerned, this was a real gem.

Rob Mac
Hanson, MA

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for two nights, Claire and her staff were very kind and careful with us. The room is lovely and clean, the breakfast really good and served at the table in a nice surrounding. You should book excursions for the whale wahtching with them (10% discount), all around prices are the same and no other discounts can be found. You can reach everything on foot in few minutes, including the port; the hotel is located 500 meters from the ferry to St. Catherine's Bay so very easy to find. A pearl that will definitely come back next time.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed here just one night on our way down the Saguenay Fjord from Chicoutimi to Montreal. Tadoussac is a very quiet town in early November and we were the only guests. The house and property is perfectly kept and our host Claire was just one of the most delightful people I have ever met. She has been building her business with the help of her family for over 15 years and you can tell she has put her heart and soul into it. We had a guest room at the back of the house which I understand is preferable. We had a great sleep and the house was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The bed covers are duvets with removeable covers which I really like because everything felt so fresh and clean. The rooms are very cheerfully decorated with a small fridge, coffee maker, good sized bath with a big shower. Breakfast in the morning in the sunny breakfast room was outstanding to say the least and carried this big guy well into the afternoon. All in all I am so glad we found this precious little inn because we now have a place that wee will definitely return to, to stay by the sea, when we have a chance to get out of town, that we know will be consistantly good every time. I look forward to having the chance to return to this special place and see our host again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple