“Great dissapointment!”

Dining options: Reservations
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Great dissapointment!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I invited friends to Le Bacchus for dinner Saturday night no wanting to cook for a change...So I brought two great bottles of wine to complement what was supposed to be a great meal. Big disappointement!! The presentation on the plates were all the same. My gilfriend's Tilapia was so cooked it looked boiled and was mushy. My scampies were the same. Crème brulé was overcooked. To add insult to injury I was charged for an additional glass when we had the second bottle of wine opened. The waiter told me he would charge me for it but I thought he was joking. The glass was dirty, food stuck to the base, but the waiter did'nt care and walked away. When he brought the bill there was a charge for the glass, albeit 1$. This was a first for me and I've travelled extensively...I advised the waiter that I was not paying for the glass especially a dirty one. Very frustrated he removed the charge from my 200$ bill. I'm still shocked! What a stupid policy! Ther are much better bring your own wine restaurants in and around Sherbrooke such as l'Entre amis and Comme Chez soi. They've lost my patronnage! Stéphan B.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Steph_01_12

Vancouver, Canada
“Ok, but food was a letdown. Better restaurants in Sherbrooke.”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Went here with a large group and we all had the table d'hote. For the price of aprox 30-35$, we all had a 4 course meal. Combined that with bringing your own wine and it was a good value. Unfortunately, the food was a let down. I had a steak, which had a sauce that was just to bland. The soup was average. A dining companion had the duck, which was far to grisly, and another had salmon which was not fresh. We found better restaurants on Wellington St.

• Visited January 2011
5 Thank Sebas12345
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best there is! When...”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

The best there is! When we have an ultra special occasion, that's where we like to go to!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“expensive but very good”
Reviewed December 11, 2007