“Not worth the money !”

Sebby's Pub and Grill
Ranked #135 of 327 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Drummondville, Quebec, Canada
“Not worth the money !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were on a well deserved date and we were expecting to have a good time together since we don't have a chance to go out frequently together with a yound child at home. After a little search on the web, looking for a Steakhouse in our area or not too far...we found this restaurant near Sherbrooke city in a small place called Lennoxville that is now part of Sherbrooke following the recent city fusion.

First, we noticed that the place is Rustik style (which is a nice way of saying old and grundgy) with a mix of tex Mex cow boy and 1970's decoration...nothing very impressive in 2012.

Already, I had a bad impression of the place walking-in because of the grundgy looking place secondly only old folks (geriatric) after reading the menu we notice that nothing was cheap there and we really had a doubt about the quality of the expensive food but thinking since they only serve Angus triple A Beef so we decided to give them a chance.
In the meantime we ordered two Margaritas and found them pretty good so we have great expectation for the main dishes.
We order two plate of Texas porterhouse steak 18 oz. We ordered Cesar salad instead the regular salad offered there was an extra 1.50$ charge for a salad served in a mini bowl that would usually serve coleslaw... An extra charge for a measly little salad when the plate we ordered had a huge price tag...(The most expensive plate on the menu) As for bread... Cantine style bun in vaccum pack!! Ugh! No class!

And the bad news starts:

We received the two plates and started to eat.... Ughhh! My wife's 1st bite she had to spit it out as she bit into a huge hard piece of gristle and it was not the last one! Mine also was very poor quality this is not the high end kind of steak you expect when you pay $33.00 per plate.!!!

We did not stay for coffee and dessert or any additional drinks as we had expected to.
Do not understand why they are still in business..... SAD!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Denys P

Fall River, Massachusetts
“An unfortunate choice for lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We got off the highway in Sherbrooke looking for a nice lunch. We noticed Sebby's had some diners on the terrace so decided to give it a try. Sebby's is a steakhouse decorated in cowboy boots, cattle horns and other western paraphernalia. It was well past lunch time so the dining room was practically empty. We shared an order of poutine (a week in Quebec and my first poutine!) which was quite good. Both my wife and I ordered chicken Caesar salads. When my wife was served first, she noticed right away that the sliced chicken breast on her salad was still pink in the center! The waitress apologized, gave her my salad and took her plate away. By the time the plate re-appeared, I had pretty much lost my appetite. I tried a few bites, the chicken was dry and the lettuce barely dressed. That and the occasional fly strafing the plates and drinks were enough for me. The waitress offered to remove my plate from the tab without my asking which was nice. Maybe I should have ordered a steak?

• Visited August 2012