“I have to try it again!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Kapzak - CLOSED

Bistro Kapzak
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Polish, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sherbrooke, Canada
“I have to try it again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My sister is in love with this place. I tried it and I was not deceived. It's more like comfort food from another country. The place is great but empty when we tried it on a week day. The owner who served us was very happy to explain the menu and the origin of the different plates offered. The wine list was ok. It's like trying something new for the first time, I need to try it again and I might for in love with it also.

Visited October 2012
8 Thank Nathalie1111

Socorro, New Mexico
“Excellent restaurant in Sherbrooke!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My fiance and I recently ate at this restaurant and were very impressed by the quality and uniqueness of the food and the atmosphere. We were first impressed by the lovely ambiance - the center of the bistro is decorated with trees! The bistro also features an impressive selection of Polish vodkas which we sampled (though be careful - they are strong!). There is also a full bar with a nice wine list and classic cocktails like freshly made mojitos. The food did not disappoint - the perogies are stuffed with potato and bacon and were the best I've ever had (and I grew up in the Detroit, Michigan area, which is famous for its large Polish population and has lots of eastern European style food!). The borscht soup (made with beets) was also delicious, as was the salmon dish my fiance had and the veal cheeks dish that I had (the veal cheeks are braised in Guinness)! We found the prices reasonable (around $20 per plate, on average), especially considering the quality of the food and the service. This restaurant seems like a hidden gem in Sherbrooke, we highly recommend it to others and we hope to return the next time we visit Sherbrooke, Quebec!

• Visited June 2012