“Best Chef around!!”
Review of La table du chef

La table du chef
Ranked #5 of 353 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

To have lunch or diner here is always a very good experience. The chef Labrie has been recognized for many years and did put the Hatley Inn restaurant in North Hatley on the map. Unfortunately it burned down and chef Labrie opened his place in Sherbrooke. We do have a few nice restaurants in Sherbrooke but La Table is a few notches above every other one. I go on a regular basis regularly for lunch and have been a few times for dinner and was never disappointed. I would recommend it for sure.

1  Thank QuebecDany

Reviewed May 26, 2012

A lovely refined atmosphere and ambience. From the greeting by hostess Joelle to the creative appetizer and entree, the entire experience was a pleasure. The service by Joanne was very good and the food was perfect. Beyond our expectations.

Kevin & Marlene
Florida

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I would consider "La Table du Chef" to be THE best restaurant in Sherbrooke, hands down, bar none (and yes I have tried them ALL).

I have read some reviews that criticize this excellent restaurant as being too expensive or having small portion sizes. If strapping on the feeding trough and paying the bill with your spare change meets your fancy then this place is definitely NOT for you. However, if you appreciate excellent, classically prepared "cuisine du terroir" (local ingredients) for a fraction of what you would pay at ANY comparable "big city" (Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary whatever ..) restaurant with the same standards, then this is your place.

I have eaten at La Table many many many times since this place is located very close to my home. When my husband and I eat at this restaurant, we almost always go for the "Menu Degustation" which is a 5 course taster's menu which you can pair with matching wines. This menu changes about every six weeks according to the season and we love discovering the new menu about every month or so. In addition to the excellent evening menu, the restaurant has a wonderful table at lunch as well and anytime I want to take a friend or colleague out, this is my place.

The plates at La Table are elegant, beautifully prepared, original and up to a very high standard. Serving sizes are perfect for the average human being and the prices are extremely reasonable. The service is excellent and the staff is always the same friendly bunch (as opposed to restaurants with a high turnover of badly trained people). The sommeliers are wonderful and know their stuff. The taster's menu is perfectly matched with wonderful, often "findable" wines (so you can go out and find that wonderful wine you had with dinner in order to share it with friends at home) and if one wants something special to go with the meal, these guys will find the perfect complement.

The ambiance is wonderful and the owners are almost always on hand, available for a friendly chat about our favorite topic, FOOD ! Things can get busy at times but the owners and the staff always have time for their customers and they understand the meaning of service.

My husband and I are extremely well travelled and one of our biggest weaknesses is gourmet cuisine so we have tried MANY gourmet tables in a variety of settings (including a large number of Relais & Chateau listings). We have also been to La Table du Chef a large number of times and to this day we have NEVER been disappointed. This kind of consistent quality is no small achievement and we appreciate the fact that everytime we eat there, we know what we are getting.

If you are looking to have a special dining experience in the Sherbrooke area, La Table du Chef is definitely worth the visit. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank GrandeGourmande
Reviewed October 27, 2011

great gastronomic experience in sherbrooke. excellent cuisine.

1  Thank Nadia D
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Three of us went for lunch. We told the waitress that we were not in a hurry (not part of the business crowd). There was a nice selection of wine by the glass to accompany delicious entrées. The main courses were excellent as well. The deserts - crème brulé, panna cotta and an amazing man sized portion of dense chocolate cake were amazing.
Service was professional. Overall, worth a detour - in our case an hour of driving there and back.

1  Thank mjlaverte