“Ok but expensive ”

Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Sherbrooke
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Clean modern room with very continental breakfast. Pool is much smaller than it appears on line and is located directly behind front desk. Poor location for a pool. The hotel is very nice but the hard surfaced floors are very slippery when wet . I was wearing running shoes and often found it difficult not to slip including the bathroom

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great stay at the Grand Times hotel Sherbrooke. Upon check in, we were sent to a floor where a large group of guests were staying. We went back down to the lobby to see if we could get another room on a different floor and the front desk agent accepted to help us with our request. The room was great, comfortable and large in size. The overall property is very clean. Staff was courteous and friendly. I give this hotel a 4/5 rating because of the price. It is a little overpriced for Sherbrooke. We would however return the next time we have to go to the Eastern Townships.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful however They nickle and dime guests. For example, trying to charge extra $15.00 per night for an adult that I had the confirmation for, $8.00 per day if you want a coffee maker and $25.00 per night if one wants a cot. You cannot eat or drink anything in the foyer without purchasing any food or drinks from them...not even a coffee. You must use room keys for the elevator however, inevitably, the keys do not work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed for an Overnight. The building and grounds were acceptable, but overpriced. The real issue is the staff. They could not answer even basic questions correctly (i.e.where`s ice machine or is the back door locked from inside). In addition the hotel catered a big corporate party and the room I had above the party made me feel like I was there. Terrible!
In the morning I spoke with check out clerk who advised him of the issue and he said others complained as well. He then said if I had called down2x and told them they would have called the Police on themselves as that`s the law. Really, thought that was about other guests who are to loud and not your hosted events.
Never Again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel which I believe to be relatively new. The staff were all very welcoming. The room itself was very nice with a very comfortable bed. An accommodating bar/lounge is in the hotel. I was surprised that there was an additional charge of $10 to park. I believe that the outside parking is free but there was not a spot available so underground I went. A nice continental breakfast is offered. Would I stay here again? You bet!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

After reading all these reviews about breakfast, perhaps my expectations were very low, so maybe I was less 'unimpressed' compared to other travelers. More than likely however, is that it is just peoples preference for breakfast. I don't eat bacon or eggs, so the bagels, yogurt and fruit were perfect for me. With the market within a stone's throw of the hotel, I even picked up some extra treats for my evening as I worked. The breakfast is not a deal breaker.

The location has a great pedestrian trial nearby that is approximately a 4km loop. Given the state of the tiny gym and quality of the treadmill, I preferred to run outside. Bring appropriate clothes to run outside, not on a dreadmill (not a typo).

I had no problems with the internet, and the small closet was more than enough for my two nights. Yes, it's priced more than other local hotels, but still reasonable considering your other options. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. I had no issues.

Room Tip: Water side is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Modern theme. Imitation concreate walls in room which is not warm and cozy. Small free standing closet. Large room and large bath with jetted tub. No restaurant but a lobby bar. Set on a lake for a great sundown view. Wireless internet connection was very intermittent, could not stay logged on very long. Below average premium Italian restaurant across street but a much better brassiere up the street in walking distance. Breakfast is included but features only bagels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juice and coffee. Parking is adequate. Nice lobby fireplace. A/C did not work in room one night. No gift shop.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business