Tripadvisor
Sherbrooke
All reviews starbucks coffee fantastic hotel heated floors nespresso machine omelette newly renovated hotel modern style robes and slippers premium room modern shower soft towels welcome message a wonderful place to stay the hotel's restaurant our entire stay great breakfast buffet hot buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this Hotel and enjoyed 1 afternoon at the Paus SPA and 2 diners at the Boefish restaurant.

The rooms are clean / spacious and comfortable.

For anyone who enjoys meat, they will be amazed by the restaurant. Very good food in a well decorated environment.

The SPA is also a place to visit

We will be back!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hôtels G, Responsable des relations publiques at OTL Gouverneur Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Hello Marmjjio,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you spent a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed our SPA and restaurant.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

We enjoyed every moment of our five night stay. Our objective was to relax and we thoroughly enjoyed the spa and ammenities. The breakfast did not disappoint and the Boefish restaurant fully met our expectations of a five star restaurant. Great food, martinis and wine. The staff made us feel welcomed and appreciated. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Superior room located on 4th floor was comfortable and quiet.
Date of stay: December 2019
Hôtels G, Responsable des relations publiques at OTL Gouverneur Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your beautiful message. We are pleased to have met your expectations.

Reviewed December 12, 2019

The staff at welcome are always professional, cheery and make the effort to recalll their clients' names. Kudos! I have stayed here many times, the standard is held in every room. The beds are very comfortable and so welcoming. And the breakfast is just great. Again the staff cheery, professional and friendly.

I think I've stayed at all the top hotels in this city and by far this excels the others.

Room tip: I personally prefer the king size bed room as the chair faces the tv. the beds are all super comfortable.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hôtels G, Responsable des relations publiques at OTL Gouverneur Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2019

Hello Anna,
Thank you for your beautiful message. It is with great pleasure that we read your message. We are pleased to have met your expectations.

Reviewed November 22, 2019

We chose the OTL Governour in Sherbrooke for our short 3 night honeymoon, and boy, I am so glad we did not cave into the suggestions of others attempting to steer us towards other, more mainstream destinations such as Montreal or Quebec City. The hotel itself was situated in a busy area with many businesses and fast food restaurants nearby. However, the hotel, with it's large bright chandelier, visible from down the street, only gave hints at the enchantment that would soon await us inside. From the moment we stepped foot inside, this indeed felt like a different world from the outside. The reception by the front desk was warm and inviting. We then headed towards our room. We elected to pick a premium room on the 5th floor. This is the top floor of the hotel, and is a private floor, only accessible by key card. Although this beautiful hotel is located on a busy street, you would not know that by the quietness we experienced in the room. I could not hear a single sound from the outside. The view from our room was that of houses on a hillside. Now, I’ve stayed in many hotels, many 4 stars. I can say without hesitation, this was the most comfortable mattresses I had ever experienced before, anywhere. The memory form was just right and I can’t remember sleeping so well, through the night ever before in any hotel! But, the luxury does not stop at the mattress. The bathroom shower was a rainfall shower mounted on the ceiling. Another experience in itself, very refreshing end to the day indeed. My wife took a very long shower the first night. Everything in the room was so new looking and modern. Nice touches, as well, with the iPad and charging ports built right into the night table. The lush red colored carpets also contributed to the warmth and luxury of the room.

We went to the on-site restaurant Boe Fish for dinner on our first night. Again, greeted with very friendly and prompt service. The server realized we were English speaking and she was helpful with the French pronunciations of the words. She also brought out a large showcase of steaks and thoroughly explained all that they offer and the distinct differences of each. This was a nice touch and did help us decide. She also was nice enough to treat us to a glass of Champagne on the house, when she heard we just got married yesterday and were here in celebration.

On our first full day, we decided to experience a 90 minute massage at the on-site spa. This felt heavenly, after a few stressful busy weeks before the wedding. Following the massage, we were invited to the “Thermal Experience” on the 4th floor. We first experienced the rooftop Jacuzzi, which was the size of a small swimming pool. The adjacent room featured hanging hammocks, with a couple beds to lounge in next to a fireplace. There was some bean bags, as well, to rest on. All I can say, is wow. I’ve never felt so relaxed and able to unwind as much as this place enabled us to. An added perk, of our room as that we could go to the Thermal Experience as much as we like. We just needed to check in at the spa desk and get our bathrobs.

Elsewhere in the hotel, was the on-site gym. Again, this was top notch, with excellent equipment. The room was large, with one section running along the windows and the other section including free weights and exercise balls. It felt very airy, and not at all crammed, as I find in my other hotels with the included fitness rooms. On the 2nd floor is the indoor pool and 2 smaller Jacuzzis. The pool temperature was perfect and so were the jacuzzis. Yet, another opportunity to relax once the Thermal Experience closes.

Oh, and I can’t forget about the outstanding breakfast. It included a nice selection of fresh fruit and berries and a hot buffet with bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs. However, you can also get a freshly made omelet or anything else cooked to order by the chef. There was nothing not to like about this breakfast, and again, was one of the best hotel breakfasts I had ever experienced before. The young breakfast attendant was also very friendly to us and also learned that we were here for our honeymoon.

We also ventured out to downtown Sherbrooke, a couple miles down the street. There were the many shops and we also did the mural tour. These were the many large paintings on the buildings around the city. We also did the Magog River Gorge Walk and the Rapid Walkways. These had waterfalls and rushing water. We took lots of pictures. I also learned of the hydroelectric plan that this water is powering. We later went for cheese tasting at the Fromage La Station De Compton, in the next town over. I will say we were one of very few tourists around. But, mid week in November is the very low season anyway. But, despite that, all of our encounters around the city were positive.

So, I’d also like to say that we came to Sherbrooke, from the USA, knowing very little French. The staff at the hotel went out of there way to make us feel comfortable and contributed to the overall pleasant mood of our stay. I think this says a lot about the hotel and how much they truly try to make every guest feel valued.

Anyway, the 3 nights went by quickly. We already plan on returning for our anniversary next year. Thank you OTL for making our honeymoon special and we very much look forward to future visits. Please keep up the good work. You absolutely deserve the 5 star rating.

Room tip: Premium Room on the 5th floor definetely worth it with the extra perks.
Date of stay: November 2019
Hôtels G, Responsable des relations publiques at OTL Gouverneur Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for your candid message. It it with great pleasure that we read it.
We are glad to hear that you and your wife had a beautiful honeymoon at our hotel and we are pleased to have met your expectations.

Reviewed October 30, 2019

Easily the best hotel in Sherbrooke. It's centrally located, very elegantly appointed, and great service, all at a reasonable price. The rooms are not huge, but clean, modern and well equipped same for bathroom, which has a lovely soak tub and also a rain shower). The king bed was one of the most plush and comfortable I've slept in outside of my own.

The hotel has both a spa and a pool (which I did not use). Breakfast is included, and is spectacular in quality. Not the typical mass produced breakfast items you get at many chain hotels.

The hotel's restaurant (BoeFish) is also great- we had dinner there. Not cheap but not exorbitant , and great atmosphere and quality.

My minor complaint is the air conditioning (in my room at least) was strange and came in only two flavors: on and loud, or completely off and still.

But I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room tip: I was on the second floor- virtually no view to speak of, but very quiet and peaceful.
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hôtels G, Responsable des relations publiques at OTL Gouverneur Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2019

Dear guest,
Thank you for your candid review. It is with great pleasure that we read it. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location, our rooms, free breakfast and Boefish restaurant.
Please rest assured that we took good notes of your observations regarding the air conditioning and would share them to our hotel manager for follow-up.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you on your next stay, see you soon!