“Will go back again - lovely experience”
Review of Quebec City

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
rosharon, TX
12 helpful votes
“Will go back again - lovely experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I loved my visit to Quebec City so much that I have the photos up on my computer Wallpaper, so that I can relive the pleasant memories.

Plus, if you enjoy photography you will be in paradise.

I live in the US, and my parents in the UK, so we met in Canada for a family vacation. They are in their mid-70's, and told me that they would be very sad if they couldn't return to Quebec City - they loved it.

The city has such a Joie de Vive feeling about it. It's totally non-threatening, so that even when you see a crowd of youths gathering, you think, "Let's check it out". This is quite something for me, as I live near Houston TX which has a horrific murder/crime rate, and I have a very high instinct for survival!

Anyway, in QC - the excitement was for some really cool street entertainment acts. I felt safe enough to walk back at night from my parents hotel to mine alone.

We loved the architecture and beauty, and the history and the friendliness of the locals. We went on one of the boat trips to Montmerency Falls, which was well worth it. Unlike many of the other World Hertitage Sites - you weren't nickled and dimed for everything. It's a simply delightful place, and should be on everyone's "bucket list".

Rosharon, TX

Boston, Massachusetts
21 helpful votes
“Great Long Weekend”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Quebec City is a great little town for a long weekend. We went in early November which, apparently, is the super low season so there wasn't much going on. But, it's cute and quaint and you really feel like you've stepped into Europe.

2 Thank BubblesNYC
Miami, Florida
21 helpful votes
“Romantic and Interesting”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Quebec is a beautiful city specially the Old Quebec side. There are many restauranta to satisfy any taste. People are friendly and helpful. The sites are fantastic.Reminded me of many cities in Europe.

7 helpful votes
“European atmosphere in Quebec City”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I visited Montreal, Quebec City, and Toronto in late October. Each place offers a diverse and unique experience, but I must admit that I fancy Quebec City the most. Never have I imagined that a city could be so extravagantly appealing like Quebec City: friendly, well-mannered people, cobblestone streets, petit shops/cafes, vibrant autumn foliage, etc.
In my opinion, the Old City Wall resembles Camelot, the well-known castle of the legendary Merlin the Wizard. In autumn season, each store is filled with autumn decor and lights, transforming the city in the evening to an autumn wonderland. Le Petit Champlain is a brilliant place to visit. The idea of strolling down the street with a hot cafe latte (or other drinks you fancy) seems very hard to resist. For a split second you might think you are in a different world!
Overall, Quebec City has done a great job describing itself as a unique ambience, admired by its visitors. It's classic, charming, and simply breathtaking!
Bonjour Quebec City, a-bientot!

1 Thank hewhew
Warner Robins, GA
87 helpful votes
“A delightful visit in "New France"”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our two days in Quebec City, inspite of rain the second day. A walking tour was great to get a feel of the area and history [our guide was delightful and has communicated with us twice since we returned home with helpful family history info]. Sidewalk cafes in mid October were pleasant and full during the day; cozy inside in the evening. Biggest disappointment - many museums and other attractions are closed on Monday, but we should have checked and gone to the city another day. On the other hand, two cruise ships were there that day, so one would think the attractions would take that into consieration. Our favorite eating places, Cafe 1640, near Notra Dame cathedral and the visitor center, and extra high marks for a little local, out of the way place, La Buffet Antiques, within walking distance from all the "old town" places--reasonable prices and delicious home cooking.

1 Thank cjds

Been to Quebec City? Share your experiences!