“Had an enjoyable lunch...other reviews might have prevented us trying this place :)”

Restaurant L'omelette
Ranked #351 of 1,530 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I came to Quebec for the Winter Carnival - our first time. Walking around the city we found this place. Artfully decorated front flower boxes and the reasonable posted menu prices enticed us to enter.

A cozy, small place, we sat at a window table near a heater. Very European (or what I imagine it to be) decor. Friendly staff.

I had the chicken salad (which was mixed lettuce w/ strips of grilled chicken on top) It was a nice sized portion for lunch. The homemade dressing (I asked) was delicious.
My husband had the ham and cheese sandwich, with french fries (cooked to his liking, crisp and not soggy.) He enjoyed it.

My husband aslo wanted dessert and ordered strawberry shortcake - quite a bit different than the American version - more like a strawberry layer cake - very sweet and he cleaned his plate.

All in all, a pleasant experience - we considered going back for omelettes.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I went there for breakfast charmed by the location and the decor. We were greatly disappointed by the whole experience, the breakfast portions were meager, the bacon was reheated, the eggs were terrible and the coffee was horrid. The only redeeming feature is the location as it's in a very beautiful street. But so many other choices are available in the city, so try to avoid it.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We attended this establishment on Monday.2012.Aug.13 and waited 5 minutes before we were seated at exactly 12:19h.

This place used to be a different restaurant which was MUCH better. I believe this place is living on the reputation of the previous place because it was full and customers were lining up as we had previously before getting in.

The menus are in French and English. The waitresses are insanely busy and apparently, the water-pouring girl doesn't take orders, all she does is pour water. It felt like forever before we could order, but according to my watch it was only 9 minutes. It feels long though.

We ordered at 12:28h. A bread basket came at 12:52h, just in time, I was about ready to eat the tablecloth, the in-laws' children (5/8 years) were starving as well and were constantly asking when the food would arrive.

At 13:05h we asked for more bread.

At 13:08h (* * 49 MINUTES * * AFTER BEING SEATED) our pasta, pizza, quiche arrived.

The food could have been crawling with maggots but we would have ate it as we were so hungry. The food is mediocre at best, it's overpriced and the place feels cramped and way understaffed, or the kitchen is too small.

What really gets me is the * * AUTOMATIC 15% service charge * * !

We left feeling ripped off.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate here. Not impressed. Give it a C. Had french toast and tea with lemon. Service was good. Felt cramped when seated. My daughter had home fries toast and jam.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am not one to complain much about restaurants but was really dissapointed with this one. My boyfriend loves omelettes and we figured the name of the place says it all, they must have great ones ... FAIL i've never seen such a small omellette, at 12$ you'd expect a nice big omellette and coffee wasn't even included. My 2 eggs breakfast was really plain, I asked for fried eggs over hard but they were rubber. I didn't want to return anything as we had been waiting a while for our food, the waitress never asked us if we wanted a refill on coffee or if we needed anything more, we had to find our own jam for our toast...

The place was packed but reading other reviews now seems like it's always this way. Since B&B goer's get a breakafast voucher for this place i'm guessing. We were sitting at a 2 person table but we were almost stuck on this other table of 4 it was kinda akward to be so close.

Overall I would never go back to this place.