“Good breakfast at a good price”

Restaurant L'omelette
Ranked #301 of 1,506 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is on a street with lots of other good food options. We had breakfast there, and the atmosphere was nice because we were by the window. Lots of options to choose from at good prices, which made me happy.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had dinner. Choose an omlet with mushrooms- it was OK only- nothing I couldn't have done at home and I'm a poor cook. It came with fries. i also had a garden salad. I had a crepe for dessert- again not much to talk about- dry tasting 'pancakes' a few tiny strawberry slices (maybe one total strawberry?) with ice cream and a thimble full of chocolate syrup (they were out), and a glass of wine. The bill was something like $60 for me alone- I did the math and it was correct, but I felt I paid for more than I received. The only good part of my visit- the waitresses were very pleasant, though mine was a little overworked. I probably would not go back.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's a nice little cafe with good service and very good value. Even when pretty busy, one is given the time to enjoy breakfast as you get ready for another busy day of wandering, shopping and looking. Very efficient and friendly waitstaff in an excellent location.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We came here as looked like a nice restaurant with an appealing menu. Once inside we were seated on a very small table. The food wasnt good at all. It was very small child sized portions. I had the spaghetti with meat sauce and my partner had a "large" québécois pizza. Large was a very small pizza. The waitress was very odd. Took away my plate after I was finished but whilst my partner was still eating and asked if we wanted dessert menu or the bill. I asked for dessert menu. She then kept asking if we wanted the bill. Felt very rushed. The dessert was the syrup pie. It was too sweet and the pastry rock hard. In short we will not go back here.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This cafe has great potential (i.e., fairly friendly and seemingly seasoned servers, great location in Vieux Québec, and pleasing interior); however, I would never eat there again because the food is very disappointing, especially considering the price. I ordered an omelette, which was okay but nothing special, and my partner, who ordered bacon and eggs with homefries, is convinced that the homefries and bacon were not fresh (probably left over from the day before) and simply deep-fried for the purpose of reheating it.

We were traveling with an 8-month-old and they did have a high chair, which was helpful (and should be a standard offering in all restaurants of this type), and the server was thoughtful enough to ask if we required an extra plate for our daughter (which she provided). However, there was no change table in the washroom, which is very inconvenient for anyone dining with an infant.

One service-related annoyance was the fact that the servers kept trying to take away our plates before we were finished eating (especially given we were tending to a baby, which made the eating process slightly slower, perhaps). I do not like to feel like I'm being rushed out of a restaurant, and it's not as if there was a lineup of people waiting for tables!

I didn't feel satisfied when I left the restaurant and I was hungry again within a short period. In summary, I would not return to Restaurant L'omelette.