“Charming Historic B&B in Old Quebec”

and 1 more site!
Maison Historique James Thompson
Ranked #10 of 119 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Charming Historic B&B in Old Quebec”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My daughters and I stayed in this beautiful B&B on our way out to the maritimes before school started. Our room had two queen beds and would accommodate four people very comfortable which is unusual for a B&B. Breakfast was delicious including fresh fruit salad and we were given the choice of many different hot dishes... I chose the french toast and my daughters had the waffles. Everything was beautifully presented. The host, Greg, was very helpful and friendly. We will most definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank Laurie.22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cortland, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2009

My 2 sisters, sister in law, mother and I all LOVED this place. Our host for our stay was Greg. He is friendly and funny and very helpful with sightseeing tips. The home is very well located inside the old city walls on a more quiet street. We walked everywhere, up the hills, down the hills. We really needed to walk because the breakfasts were so tasty we ate everything, croissants, blueberry crepes, pancakes, waffles, french toast, you name it, all made to order. Between us all we tried evreything. We also had fresh fruit salad every day served in beautiful glass dishes. It is a full breakfast that leaves you full which is what we like because we were so much on the go and we didn't sit for lunch until about 2-3 pm every day. By the way, everyone in the city spoke English very well and we didn't have any difficulty being understood, although we did pick up some French by the time we left. I really felt as if I was in a quaint English town (I've been to quite a few).
Quebec is my new favorite place and I don't have to go accross the ocean to get there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank JenniferWM
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I stayed here in summer 1998 and it was my first B&B experience. I've had many since, but this has always been my favourite, so I returned again for 4 nights in June. I had a wonderful time, it's a great B&B - fantastic rooms, breakfast, location. I have issues with steps and they put me in a ground floor room with a beautiful shower that the water comes from over your head. Breakfast was wonderful each day but my favourite are the blueberry pancakes - you could choose from 4 breakfasts/customize and then there was hot croissants, mini muffins, cereals, all kinds of stuff. Guitta and Greg are both excellent hosts. I plan to return a 3rd time! Minutes walk to the Chateau Frontenac, lots of restaurants, just off main street but very quiet. Lovely place.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo