I just returned from a great trip to Quebec City and a stay at this B&B. From the moment I got there (after 10pm), I felt welcome and cared for by Guitta, the hostess. She is a very busy woman, cooking breakfast including homemade baked treats, cleaning, and catering to guests. She went out of her way every morning to sit down and visit at breakfast with everyone.
My room was on the top floor with a shared bathroom, but it was never a problem. Only one bedroom is on ground level, so climbing stairs may be required. I had a queen sized bed that was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this B&B. They do only accept cash, but I was clearly informed of this when I made reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City