We were there in June 2011 and have travelled a lot since. This place has become our bench mark, and we haven't found any that match it for comfort and historic elegance. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. I have never spent so much time in the morning just relaxing before going for breakfast (we were the last ones down every day). We were provided with a walking tour guide of the old city, given information on where to dine (some of the best food I've eaten is just across the street). But here is what think was the kicker: we decided to go whale watching and mentioned it to Greg. He suggested we pack a lunch for your journey; he supplied us with a cooler, ice packs, wine glasses, etc... We didn't have the greatest weather for whale watching, but having lunch with wine on the boat made us the envy of the cruise. Thanks for the great memories Greg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City