“What a surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“What a surprise”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

A great restaurant in a quiet area. The food was delicious and the service was friendly. We would definitely go there again!

Visited October 2011

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Worst experience we've had on the planet”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

In a nutshell: STAY AWAY. Why? Well, for a lot of reasons. I have felt so ripped-off that even though I am not someone who usually write reviews it was capital for me to share the worst experience of service I have had in all the 15+ countries I have visited in my lifetime. Ergo I would rudely say that unless you feel stupid enough to actually dare to try this place, then you are risking to completely spoil an evening in a very pricey fashion getting all the mediocrity you can imagine by a minus 1 star service in a rather very loud place. I would therefore suggest to make yourself a favor and avoid this place big time.

Here are the details of our experience. First, we have been welcomed, by a very kind girl I must say, to take place in a weird section, it was like an extension of the restaurant in the parking lot, with tiny picnic tables and seats, very uncomfortable and placed very close to other clients. It would have been great for an otherwise quick, meaningless lunch setup. But it wasn't quick at all. The service was so slow and careless that before we could even order a drink it took at least 20 minutes. Bad start, and people around us were seemingly experiencing the same joke. Finally a waitress came to take our orders, which ultimately resulted in a lot of errors, so much that exactly two out of five services were mistaken (and we did not take the last two). Even worse, the guy who brought us the mistaken services even told us twice something like are you sure, maybe you could try it, it is tasty you know!? Even no excuses, quite amateurish! Long story short, we arrived at a point where we waited for an hour and a half between two services to finally get our main dish, but running out of wine. We have been patient like we have never been before, but we were getting seriously angry. What we ordered from the menu was a 12 pieces of sushis instead we got 9, even 8 in some platters. We asked our waitress what happened just to find out it was "acceptable and normal" for them. But the sushis were ok, I mean at least they felt fresh, after all this time. After this we waited again after we finished our meal, and it took half an hour before someone came to pick our empty dishes. We asked for the addition right away.

For me and my girlfriend, starting with a gin tonic and a cosmo, a salad, a soup, a bottle of Pinot Noir La Crema wine, sushis, and finally coffee+dessert that we were much too angry to even think of taking, here's the cost: 260$. And there was a mention, written in bold, big letters at the bottom of the bill proposing the tip amount... Those people are seriously mad! We even had tickets which we asked about the exact formula in the beginning and at the end, they said it was not valid on both the meal they suggested us, and the alcohol. TOTAL RIPOFF FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. We asked for the manager, and first we were told he was not there, then we were told he was in the parking repairing an issue with the sewer pipes or something. We got outside and finally managed to see him, and what we met was a nonchalant, apathetic and arrogant person. He told us if you are not happy then don't come back. And so this is how our terrible evening at Les Frères Toc ended.

• Visited April 2012
“Sushi and Pasta and Steak... Oh my!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Average food and service with a nice environment. Too loud for a first date. Pricey!

Toronto
“Romantic Evening”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great variety of food. Ate here for dinner before staying overnight at the Hotel de Glace close by. Sunday night special - Ladies 25% off. Intimate setting. Reasonable price for food.

• Visited January 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“great atmosphere with live music”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Love the atmosphere but the service is so-so and the food is not great.